The Student Room Group
Dont know about their in particular, but I had a CRB check today and it took a few hours
Reply 2
How exactly do they do these background checks and what exactly do they check?
Reply 3
they use their forensics department to check my employment and education history.
Reply 4
Do PwC not use verifile?
Reply 5
No i don't think so, I was under the impression that they use their own forensics department.
Reply 6
Are you being serious... PwC use forensic technicians to do background checks; the charge back to recruitment would be phenomenal. Im almost certain this would be outsourced. Having had friends work in forensics they have never mentioned this as part of thier role.
Reply 7
On my application i put the 2 places i worked as local part time jobs during university.

The thing is these jobs paid me cash in hand, there was no official contract, there is no national insurance records or any pay slips.

So in the special checks, they will think i have lied about where I have worked, as nothing will come up in the checks.

Is it safe to assume my offer will now be withdrawn yes?

Its so unfair, the checks will not come up with any employment history, the only thing i can do is get references from my old employer, but big4 firms wont care, they are so big they will just see NO HISTORY = LIAR = WITHDRAW OFFER. So unfair.
Reply 8
They have recently started using their own forensics department so they must have an arrangement for reduced fees or something.

I wouldn't worry about the cash in hand jobs they go straight to the employer rather than looking up NI conts etc. If they can't find it, they give you a chance to give more info as well so you should be fine. The only problem would be if your employers denied you worked there to cover themselves, so it might be worth giving them a call to check they will be ok to give a reference.
Reply 9
to the OP, it seems to take an eternity for them to verify your history etc, but i finally called the recruitment contact that i had, and whilst on the phone she checked her laptop and said 'yes your checks have been completed no problem' she also mentioned that they only contact you if there is a problem...! so i was waiting so long in anticpation but they had probably completed them within the first month or so...i didnt find out until 3 months after the offer acceptance!
regarding previous employment, they did not check any of my employers, considering that i had employment with big firms such as barclays i did find this surprising, seems they are more interested in just varifying your academic records, i.e. a level graades, gcse grades and uni modules and grades, to ensure you havent lied on your form, in which case they certainly would withdraw the offer...
Reply 10
LOL their forensics department is obviously struggling in the recession if they've turned to this to boost utilisation.

Latest

Trending

Trending