The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't like having people's fingers in my mouth.
Reply 2
I always feel really vulnerable, sitting there with my mouth open. Not sure why, i just do.

Also, completely unrelated to actual dentistry, but i fell down the really steep stairs at my dentists when i was about 8 and sprained my ankle/grazed all of my back. So i'm always pettrified of going down the stairs there too.

Needless to say, going to the dentist is never a pleasant experience for me. :biggrin:
Reply 3
It can hurt. Sometimes they don't tell you what the hell they are doing.

We all have our likes and dislikes!
Reply 4
Because having drills, scrapers, syringes and other such instruments pushed into your mouth, while someone peers in with a powerful light shining behind them at you and their latex hands prodding around, with the spit drying in the back of your mouth because you can't close it, is generally considered to be less than...pleasant.
Reply 5
his breath always stinks of coffee and he looks abit odd......the thought of him performing dentistry in my mouth scares me somewhat
Reply 6
Last time I had an appointment, the dentist took an X-Ray of my teeth and told me that I had decay and would need fillings. Even though I couldn't see any difference betweeen the bad teeth and other good teeth, I took his word for it and booked an appointment to have fillings.

Ever since I've had fillings, those teeth have become extremely sensitive. I find it difficult to eat cold food, and it hurts to put pressure on them. I suffered from none of this before the fillings, so as far as I'm concerned there's no way I'm going back there any time soon.
Because inverably its painful or awkward or just not nice, tbh i cant see any fun points to a dentists visit :dontknow:
Reply 8
The possibility of having a big needle stuck in your mouth and trying to answer questions when the dentist has his fingers in your mouth is never easy.
Reply 9
I always end up with a mouthful of blood and bleeding gums, just from him checking the non-existent gaps between my teeth. ALWAYS has to shove that damned metal stick in between all of my teeth.

I'm dreading the day I have to have something more serious than a checkup...
Reply 10
I like the dentist, my teeth are always great, somehow...
Because they insist you need 6 teeth taking out so you can have a brace. The crunching sound of them ripping my teeth out was never going to be pleasant. :no:

Then I have the joys of going to the orthodontist for 6 years and having gunk shoved in my mouth to make weird moulds of my teeth and having to have my mouth open for hoursssss on end so I cant swallow. :hmmm:
Because it hurts like ****, that's why!

The gloves are gross and the scratchy feel of the metal grosses me out.

Needles are the worst things ever.

Seriously, they are all psychopaths. :hide:
Reply 13
I absolutely love it. My dentist told me to get lost after my 16th birthday and now I miss him.
-cries-
They're frustrating, especially after having had braces for 3 years for an "irregular bite".
Reply 15
i don't know, i think it's the smell. i personally love the dentist, and the stickers he invariably gives me despite my repitition of my age. if you feel too old or "mature", pay mr duncan a visit :yep:
Because my dentist was always really mean, and basically a ****. The first filling i had also really hurt and left me in pain for days after.
Reply 17
I never used to mind going to the dentist, but as a teenager I grew fangs. I went to the dental hospital to have them removed and 42 injections were needed (10 on the top gums, 10 on the bottom, and 22 on the roof of my mouth). I was still in pain, but the dentists were determined not to give up, and I was having a panic attack after so many injections, so eventually I lied, said my mouth was numb, and had them remove my fangs with me still feeling things.
Since then, I've been very shaky whenever I've had to visit the dentist.
Reply 18
ohhh i hate going dentist to the core!!!!...I try my best to avoid it even tho its not good!...its worse then going to the doctor (i detest that to lol)
I have a really huge fear of one of them dropping one of those sharp things down my throat and i choke to death on my own blood

i still go though as i'd rather not die of gingivitas..i have nice teeeth, never had braces or dental work done

Latest

Trending

Trending