The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

teashoci
All the foreigners on this board bloody will, not all of them legally.

Quiet you, get back to your Daily Mail.
Reply 41
if a levels don't happen... i'm off to the somali coast
I want to live in australia, but as I speak fluently in three languages and hopefully soon to be four I can live in any english speaking country, any italian speaking country, any spanish speaking country and hopefully any french speaking country. I dont want to stay here.
Reply 43
NEVERYOUMIND
I'm italian (but have always lived here but i have gone to italy enough to know what its like) and, if i was a girl, i wouldn't want to have an boyfriend from Italy. Their attitudes to women's role in life over there is so old-fashioned in my eyes (and would be in yours too).

Mm, I thought about that - particularly due to the strong Catholic influence in that country which could contribute to such attitudes. Maybe I'd strike lucky and find a crazy liberal ha.

It's the accent that gets me though, that's the only reason I say I'd go abroad and drag a handsome fellow back with me, ha.
I'd love to live in America, It probably won't happen.
Reply 45
bombproof_girl
I'd love to live in America, It probably won't happen.

I feel the same!
Kammy-
Mm, I thought about that - particularly due to the strong Catholic influence in that country which could contribute to such attitudes. Maybe I'd strike lucky and find a crazy liberal ha.

It's the accent that gets me though, that's the only reason I say I'd go abroad and drag a handsome fellow back with me, ha.

drag me back (i can put on the accent!) haha
I'd like to think that I could move abroad to another country that could be better than the UK for various reasons.
But I know theres a pretty good chance that I'll never get round to it, and it'll be a big wrench to leave all my family/friends behind. Thats the hardest bit to decide upon I think!
Although I loathe Britain most of the time, I think it's just a case of 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence'. I'm quite lucky to have been given the chances in life that I probably wouldn't have received in loads of other countries. Having said that, a tan all year round is appealing...
I'm hoping to study abroad for a year, but god knows what will happen. I've always wanted to live on a canal boat in France or something, bringing out the gypsy in me. (can i even say gypsy in britain nowadays or do i have to say traveller?)
noaksey
I feel the same!

I'll try and stay positive for the 2 of us :smile:
if i had the choice id leave tomorrow
Reply 51
Maybe...probs will decide when I get a bit older.
Reply 52
Murderah
im moving canada

Mind your back, it's rather hefty.
Reply 53
Geritak
Probably, but I doubt I'll stay in the same area. If I can afford to, I'll avoid this little corner of the world like the plague...

Likewise.
Reply 54
MarmiteOnToast
(can i even say gypsy in britain nowadays or do i have to say traveller?)

I prefer to call them either Beggars, Rapists or thieves. Well Roma gypsies anyway
Reply 55
Edenr
Mind your back, it's rather hefty.

yesss i'll try and stay out of the ghettos and watch out for the thugs :p:
Reply 56
If we carry on down this route (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=876059) no.
i think the reason 43% have said no is probably either cos they plan to do a gap year or live somewhere else for abit and then return OR cos things arent looking too good right now with the recession and all and its all "the grass is greener on the other side" when really its not. I reckon if we were to do this same poll when we coming out of the recession/ are out of it, there'd be much less NOs
Reply 58
jayman <3 britain
Reply 59
i want to live somewhere like bali or tahiti

Latest

Trending

Trending