The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well this country is on a slope from west to east, so water tends to run down in this direction. This makes the eastern side of most UK cities boggy and prone to damp... hence the western side is more desirable.
Reply 2
I've been told that the west is nicer in my town, since when industry was more important, the wind used to blow the pollution etc over the east side of the town, but not the west and accordingly it became a more affluent place to live.
Reply 3
bowdeni
I've been told that the west is nicer in my town, since when industry was more important, the wind used to blow the pollution etc over the east side of the town, but not the west and accordingly it became a more affluent place to live.

this man knows what he's talking about - where the wind blew pollution was a major factor in the development of industrial cities.
Don't really know to be honest. It's all crap! :awesome: :p:
Reply 5
I would say in my town it's the east that is the nicest and the north-west the worst.
Reply 6
Liverpool is sort of split North to South. The south being the ever so slightly nicer part. I think it may be just coincidental.
Reply 7
SillyFencer
Is that true, or did you just make that up? lol

I have to be true I am almost 100% sure that is not true.... would be nice if it was though :biggrin:
Reply 8
So basically we come to the conclusion, that in the mainland part of the UK, Wales is the best?

:awesome:
Reply 9
West Croydon is all i can say.
Reply 10
East Berkshire = Slough :ninja:

I rest my case.
Reply 11
West Kent is definitely the best part of Kent :d:
Reply 12
The thing about prevailing winds blowing pollution to the east is, I believe, somewhat accurate. It was certainly true of London.
Reply 13
West Croydon <<<<<< East Croydon.

Sorry SillyFencer
Reply 14
east saaide.
Reply 15
carrotboy
West Croydon <<<<<< East Croydon.

You know what's better than Croydon?

AIDS.

Latest

Trending