The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All depends on what you're after as we all like different things. For small cities I'd say Exeter or Bath. Beautiful, warm (if a bit wet at times). For larger cities then Cardiff and Newcastle. Newcastle certainly has comparably low crime, great nightlife and culture. Great countryside on your doorstep. For larger cities then Glasgow (especially the west end) or Edinburgh, but it really depends on where in the city you move to as not everyone can afford to live in the most expensive areas. Many will say that all of our cities, certainly the major cities, are the same but I think all still have their own unique identity.

But I'm probably not very good with these things as I prefer market towns and villages, within easy access to cities, rather than living in cities themselves.
Reply 2
london! :biggrin: or surrey :biggrin:
I'd have to agree, roughly speaking. Bath, Cardiff and Edinburgh are all nice in my opinion. Bristol is nice as well if you're after one of the slightly larger cities.
Reply 4
North Yorkshire!!! ok it doenst have a city so next best would be York!
Reply 5
def brighton if you want a complete change. it has a unique atmosphere and i LOVE IT
Reply 6
Glasgow!
I love Glasgow, so I second that!
Reply 8
I'd have to agree with York.
Reply 9
i've hear glasgow is pretty dirty and got a lot of poverty... i've never been... but just what I heard.. apparently edingburgh is nicer!
sdiana91
london! :biggrin: or surrey :biggrin:

you remind me of, uh, Jessica Alba :yep:

oh, and London FTW :woo:
Bath! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Newcastle. I love it.
Reply 13
Dynamitri

oh, and London FTW :woo:

ah ha, really?! :biggrin:

yeaah, london anyday!
emmigrate... the whole country's rough...
Reply 15
It depends what you are looking for really :smile:

London is huge and there is obviously a lot to do, but I can imagine it would be quite intimidating to move to as a newcomer. Plus it is very expensive.

As have been mentioned York is lovely as is Bath. They are both very beautiful cities and I have it on good authority they are both pretty decent places to live as well.

I currently live in Brighton which I think is an amazing city. It has the sea, the downs, great shops, great nightlife and lots of other things. It is also a pretty young and exciting city to live in.

However at the end of the day it is your call and a lot will probably depend on whether you want to stay in the north of move down south. I would suggest maybe going to visit a few cities and see how they feel to you and try and make your decision then :smile:
sdiana91
ah ha, really?! :biggrin:

yeah, now when I think of it, there's a bit of Alicia Keys and Tanita Tikaram in you, too, lol :biggrin:

:woo:
Reply 17
Dynamitri
yeah, now when I think of it, there's a bit of Alicia Keys and Tanita Tikaram in you, too, lol :biggrin:

:woo:

ha ha, really?! niice :biggrin: i always thought i don't look like any celebrities! lol
Dynamitri

Agreed.

Edinburgh is nice. It gets boring after a few years though. And the trams thing is ridiculous.
Reply 19
Hmm, no this thread won't be biased.

Latest

Trending

Trending