The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
That'd be me.
Sad as it sounds, I really want to find out the starting date so I can start counting off the days.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
plainnash
That'd be me.
Sad as it sounds, I really want to find out the starting date so I can start counting off the days.

Yay.
I think the starting date is 23rd September.
The course looks so good, and the place is so pretty. :smile:
Have you chosen accomodation yet?
Reply 3
I'm just looking forward to Freshers to be honest!
I've applied to Clarence Dock, I couldn't hack the journey from Bodington every day, but I don't really want to be on campus either ahah. How about you?

I guess they gave you an ABB offer?
Reply 4
lol. excellent priorities :biggrin:
Yeah, Clarence Dock is one of my favourites, I like Oxley aswell and Devonshire Hall, i'm going to the accomodation open day on Saturday so I guess i'll decide then.
Yeah I got an ABB offer and on a gap year right now, Leeds wasn't my 1st choice but I still really like it.
There doesn't actually seem to be that many IR people for Leeds, do you know if there are alot of people on the course?
Reply 5
Oxley looks pretty good as well, but I was put off Devonshire because of the number of applicants. I'd rather choose CD and have a higher chance of getting in there than being rejected from Devonshire and sent to somewhere I didn't want to go to. It's a twisted logic, but hey, I stand by it! :smile:

Leeds wasn't my first either, it was second for me after LSE, but it turned out to be my only offer, so ho hum, fingers crossed for results day.

There's a few people on here going for IR, but personally I don't know anyone applying for it at Leeds personally. I prefer it that way to be honest, meet and greet when I get there :smile:
Reply 6
Does LSE actually accept anyone? :biggrin:. I'm yet to meet a person who was actually accepted, I loved it there when I visited but didn't even apply in the end.
Leeds is awesome though, but I haven't got my head around moving so far from home yet. :frown:
Your accomodation choosing logic is good, I might have to use it myself :smile:
Good luck for results day!
Reply 7
I was having doubts about actually wanting to go to LSE in the end, I was passing through London and went to visit a few months back, I didn't feel it was as student-y (Yeah, that's a word now...) as Leeds, I want to enjoy my degree as well as going somewhere good.
Of course I'd have been stupid not to accept an offer from there if I was given one!

All the best for results day as well, are you doing Politics at A-level at all?
Reply 8
I know what you mean about London not being very studenty, I turned down SOAS for that reason (plus my offer was AAA which i'm never gonna get. :rolleyes: ).

I did do politics, but i got my B in that so i'm not retaking or anything.
Are you doing American politics?
Reply 9
Up north is where it's at, obviously ;D
Government and Politics with OCR yeah, loads of American politics in it which I've really enjoyed tbh. Just taking a break from my coursework now actually, deadline's tomorrow...
:biggrin:
You guys will enjoy it, POLIS is a great department, very friendly and welcoming. The course is good as well especially when you get into 2nd and 3rd year, if you do IR you will probably be overseen by Jason Ralph, top bloke.
Reply 11
Hey guys,

I'm starting in September doing International Relations and Spanish. I also went to the open day today, and I just applied to go to Oxley. Had everything I want there :smile:

I'm deffo going there as I've got an unconditional, so I guess I'll be seeing you there. PM me if you want to chat about it or anything.
Reply 12
doing it joint honours with german
bodington hall hopefullyy
Reply 13
yay, more people. :biggrin:.
I don't know which accommodation to choose.
I'm thinking James Bailie Park or Oxley or Concept Place.
Reply 14
Concept Place looked great, double beds as standard, but it's got a reputation as being less sociable than the other halls, possibly because it's so new.
Reply 15
Yeah, It kind of reminded me of a hotel, and it seemed to be mostly medicine/dentistry/nursing students. Great kitchens though :biggrin: , and good location.
IR & portuguese in september hopefully (:
Reply 17

IR & portuguese in september hopefully (:

doing it joint honours with german
bodington hall hopefullyy

Lots of people seem to be taking it with a language :-)

Have you chosen accomodation?
Reply 18
hey guys
im doing my alevels at the moment and am stuck between doing law or IR?
is there good career prospects if you do IR?
would appreciate any advice/hlp
thanks =]

Latest