The Student Room Group

Help Urgently Needed!

OK heres the question so you know what i'm talking about:
"To what extent was popular support the key to the sucess of Nazi Power 1933-1939?"

In looking at that question i am assessing how popular the nazis were during that period and whether it mattered. 12 out of the 60 marks its worth is from analsis of interpretations (from historians) and so far i have ian kershaws and a bit on this other guy who concentrates on the 1932/33 elections and who voted for them. But i fear this isnt enough so I need a site which tells me what leading historians think on this - on how much was repression and how much support. I do know that early (west) german historians tried to make out it hitler and his henchmen took over their innocent country and repressed them. But kershaw reffered to a suggestion from historians that at their peak 9 germans out of every 10 were nazi-supporters and said that went too far and i dont know the names of the historians who said.

I would REALLY appreciate your help. and would also apprecaite any other help related to this thing if you've (essentially) done this question before. Thanks
Reply 1
Still need help btw.
I can only recommend historylearningsite.co.uk and activehistory.co.uk - I'm not studying the period so I can't give any specific advice...
Reply 3
thanks anyway for your help
Reply 4
Was in for today but i managed to get an extra day. But i still need more historians views. mind you i am closer to a decent level
You need 2 read books! Ian Kersaw is a gd place to start
Reply 6
thanks lilmisstrouble. thats where i did start (The Hitler Myth)

And thanks claire. i'll use that if i have enough space left

Latest

Trending

Trending