The Student Room Group
Nottingham :smile: But I've never been to either and this is based purely on the fact that manchester rejected me :p:
Reply 2
As an international student myself, I would definitely pick Nottingham. I got unconditionals from both Nottingham and Manchester, and based on advice as well as personal opinions on reputation and quality of both universities, I decided to pick Nottingham...
Reply 3
Fa|ique
As an international student myself, I would definitely pick Nottingham. I got unconditionals from both Nottingham and Manchester, and based on advice as well as personal opinions on reputation and quality of both universities, I decided to pick Nottingham...

Both are great - but I would go with NOttingham ... personally... though like I have said before - thats the EASY part - now you have to work your ASS OFF :biggrin: - then you will have a wealth of choice.
Reply 4
Lawz-
Both are great - but I would go with NOttingham ... personally... though like I have said before - thats the EASY part - now you have to work your ASS OFF :biggrin: - then you will have a wealth of choice.

Oh dear, where did I put that bottle of Xanax...
Reply 5
Lol. Working my ass off is nothing scary -- It's safe to say that i will have to work my ass off anywhere i go.

Lawzzz[zzz] (and others): I know you are going into the working field soon at some US firm (No, im not a stalker...i saw it on another thread and, being Canadian, i take interest in applying to US firms in London), have you heard anything on the employability of Nottingham grads? Nottingham's brochure says something about 88% of those that want to be solicitors had training contracts...but i find that hard to believe.

In any case, any information would be helpful. Also, to the 2 of you, why did you choose nottingham? Any more reasons would really help me out.

Thanks,
Rahul
Reply 6
rahul.parmar
Lol. Working my ass off is nothing scary -- It's safe to say that i will have to work my ass off anywhere i go.

Lawzzz[zzz] (and others): I know you are going into the working field soon at some US firm (No, im not a stalker...i saw it on another thread and, being Canadian, i take interest in applying to US firms in London), have you heard anything on the employability of Nottingham grads? Nottingham's brochure says something about 88% of those that want to be solicitors had training contracts...but i find that hard to believe.

In any case, any information would be helpful. Also, to the 2 of you, why did you choose nottingham? Any more reasons would really help me out.

Thanks,
Rahul

you found it hard to believe in what way? thought it would be higher or lower?
sounds realistic to me ... though some of those will be with regional firms which will not involve the same sort of money or work... or for that matter opportunities.
Reply 7
rahul.parmar

something about 88% of those that want to be solicitors had training contracts...but i find that hard to believe.

Thanks,
Rahul

Why is that so hard to believe? Nottingham is pretty renowned for Law...

I personally chose Nottingham because of its local and international reputation for law, its modules that give an opportunity to focus more on City law, the beautiful campus, the opportunity to do Law with American Law at University of Texas or Virginia, and also, I didn't want a university that was too far up north... Notts is about 126 miles away from London, not too bad I guess...
Reply 8
Wow, I just didnt think it sounded right -- thats impressive!

Granted a portion of that percentage would be to smaller firms, but i have no quams with that. The commercial solicitor route pays well enough for me in areas outside of London.

Any case, i am leaning heavily towrads Notts...id be interested in hearing some stuff about their student law society and any anecdotal stuff from students.

Falique, where are you from? Its nice to have another international around!
Reply 9
I'm from a little red dot on the map, known as Singapore. I'll be entering next year though, cos I have to finish serving my National Service first...
Reply 10
Go to Nottingham :smile:
Although I am very anti-notts, i have to say its the best place to go.

I have already expressed my views on the lovely city of Brum so there seems to be little point in arguing again
Reply 12
rahul.parmar
I was just checking my UCAS and I just recieved an Unconditional Offer to read law at Nottingham!

Now i dont knwo where to go...please help me -- i cant visit campuses and such due to the fact that im an international so ANY guidance would be appreciated...

M100 -- Manchester or Nottingham? OR MN11 (Law and Business Studies) at Birmingham?

Appreciate it guys,

Rahul

Just out of curiosity is this an unconditional offer pre-A2 grades if you're sitting A-levels? And on a similar note do any of the big law schools give unconditional offers to student applying before they have sat their A2's? I think Christ's college Cambridge does but any where else?
Reply 13
Well, im an international student. Im also a first year university student in Canada, meaning i finished my equivalents to UK A-Levels last year and already have all my final results. Thus, the unis can offer me unconditionals as my grades are final.

Hope that clears it up for you :smile:

Just out of curiousity, im wondering -- will internationals in Canada need a certain number of UCAS points to apply for vac schemes and such? I see some firms mention it and am wondering if it will hinder me when i apply...furthermore, does anyone know how to calculate UCAS points from the ontario grading scheme?

-R

Latest

Trending

Trending