The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Israel is a racist state.
Reply 2
surely if shes born and bred there she can have an israeli passaport too.
Reply 3
One of the most hypocritic regimes I have ever come across, is that Israel. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Coca-Cola
Israel is a racist state.

That's not racist you mug.

They are tight on security because your friends pose a constant threat.
Reply 5
The Catholic Church promotes homophobia, racism and the like. It does nothing to stop bishops molesting children (an endemic problem within the church)

The Pope was also in the Hitler youth.

Yet you criticise Israel lol
Reply 6
If we deported anyone with a Pakistan passport, 'It's for security reasons' wouldn't stand up to the claims of racism.
Reply 7
Pheonixx
If we deported anyone with a Pakistan passport, 'It's for security reasons' wouldn't stand up to the claims of racism.

Slight difference is that until the foiled plot in Easter, all terrorists in UK have actually been British, hence nothing you can do passport-wise.
However in Israel's case it has been the same usual suspects time and time again for years.

And don't forget we are not talking about deporting Muslims (which would be racist). Muslims make up 20% of the state of Israel's population and have exactly the same rights and privileges as Jews. All have identical voting rights and passports etc.

What we are talking about is foreign passports unrelated to religion or race, meaning Israel is not racist in this instance. It would deport an American (which is Israel's strongest ally) and a Pakistani equally. The OP mentioned an American citizen being deported. Not because of Christianity, but because of the blanket policy to all religions, meaning it is the OPPOSITE OF RACIST.
Reply 8
amelia.x

A likely excuse.
Reply 9
Coca-Cola
A likely excuse.

What do you mean?
When you understand the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict you would understand why Israel would want to be wary of who is living in the country.

My family friend's neighbour was arrested in his home in the middle of the night and deported back to his home country the other week. He is muslim. Does that make the British government racist? Don't be a bonehead; it's not healthy :p:
Reply 10
I thought 20% where arabs, not just muslim arabs:confused:
Reply 11
amelia.x

How exactly does she pose a threat?
Reply 12
farhan
How exactly does she pose a threat?

It's probably not done on a case-by-case basis. Neither of us know the specific details of this case or Israel's immigration rules, but the fact is her religion played no part of it at all. Hell, they even deport Jews if their paperwork isn't up to scratch.
Reply 13
style
I thought 20% where arabs, not just muslim arabs:confused:

Vast majority of Arabs are Muslim.
Islam 83% (mostly Sunni), Christianity 8.5% and Druze 8.3%[1]
(According to Wikipedia)
Reply 14
amelia.x
What do you mean?
When you understand the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict you would understand why Israel would want to be wary of who is living in the country

No, what do you mean? When you understand the history of the Israeli occupation you would understand why Israel shouldn't be on the map.
Reply 15
01rorlin
No, what do you mean? When you understand the history of the Israeli occupation you would understand why Israel shouldn't be on the map.

Good.
I hope you have looked into the founding of the United States of America, Australia, large swathes of the British Empire. All were formed by Europeans coming and murdering indigenous populations, compared to Israel which merely displaced some Palestinians at the authorisation of the United Nations and the British.

I do hope you are questioning USA and Australia's right to exist as well due to the occupation and brutality in the way they were formed.

If not, I ask why you single out Israel and ignore other examples. You are either misinformed or have an ulterior motive, and only care because in this case Jews were involved. Take your pick.
Reply 16
amelia.x
It's probably not done on a case-by-case basis. Neither of us know the specific details of this case or Israel's immigration rules, but the fact is her religion played no part of it at all. Hell, they even deport Jews if their paperwork isn't up to scratch.
It's about her American passport and only her American passport. No paperwork. It's only because she has dual-nationality.

Do tell me why no Israelis with dual-nationalities are affected by this.
Reply 17
farhan
It's about her American passport and only her American passport. No paperwork. It's only because she has dual-nationality.

Do tell me why no Israelis with dual-nationalities are affected by this.

Because they are Israelis. It is their country. The American is a foreigner.

And stop trying to make this sound as if Israel is being racist. Are they being racist because they didn't give an American foreigner dual citizenship, who happens to be Christian?
Reply 18
Oh no guys. Coca-Cola first threatened me with neg rep, and has now given me neutral rep! OMD so upset!
Reply 19
amelia.x
Oh no guys. Coca-Cola first threatened me with neg rep, and has now given me neutral rep! OMD so upset!

Stop attention seeking, no one cares! :eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending