The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

steerpike1985
I have to say I'm still not sure about the acoustic version of creep, when he does that screaming bit at the end. One minute I think it sounds awful, the next it sounds amazing!

I love that part! He just totally lets go, definitely sounds amazing to me!

Run, Run, Run, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun etc.... :smile:

As for fitter. happier: It was always a song i skipped on OK Computer, but i'm becoming much more tollerant of it
It's not REALLY a song. More of a recited poem.

It always gets skipped..!

Although I do love a few lines of it...

"not drinking so much..
not washing spiders down the plughole!"
Absolution
Oh cool, I didn't know that.

How can you hate Creep?! Pfft, theres no pleasing some people. although they can hate what they want I suppose, considering they wrote it after all.

I think its more to do with the fact that, in American especially, they've always been know as "that band that did Creep" because the song was HUGE over there. And considering everything they did after Pablo Honey has been so much different (and, in my opinion, better), then it kind of p*sses them off - understandably.

Edit: Despite being one of their biggest hits, they very, very, very rarely play it live.
Reply 163
Sorry, I just got scared that a thread on coronation street is actually higher up than this thread, which is just plain awful. Here's what I think the lyrics for 'Motion picture soundrack' are all about.

Red wine and sleeping pills
Help me get back to your arms
Cheap sex and sad films
Help me get where I belong

I think you're crazy, maybe

Stop sending letters
Letters always get burned
It's not like the movies
They fed us on little white lies

Early version has a second verse:
Beautiful angel
Pulled apart at birth
Limbless and helpless
I can't even recognize you

I think you're crazy, maybe (x6)

I will see you in the next life

Things that make him slip out of reality like ‘red wine’ (gets him drunk), sleeping pills (makes him dream) help him ‘get back to your arms’. For me, then, he is dreaming of a perfect woman. Boring, monotonous things like ‘cheap sex’ and ‘sad films’ which try and ‘tug’ him to normality can’t bring him out of this dream world. He thinks she’s crazy, because he’s thinking ‘how can mundane, meaningless things give birth to the unreality of this perfect person?’ He adds ‘maybe’ because of his inability, now, to distinguish between reality and unreality. It’s as if he’s living in a dream. Even words now begin to loose their meaning in this dream world, as ‘letters always get burned’. Watching movies require us to make the conscience decision to suspend our disbelief, and as yorke says ‘it’s not like the movies / they fed us on little white lies’, the white lies are a promise that the movie will end, the suspended belief will end. I just think that’s such a chilling line, implying that the emotional effect of the song shouldn’t leave you the moment it’s finished, and that with this song, yorke fully intends it not to.
An earlier version of the song had the extra verse in it which I really think adds to the song so much. I think it’s such a hopeless line Beautiful angel pulled apart at birth’ It’s as if by being born (which is beyond our control), we destroy our innocence. No longer are we in this suspended belief, but we are dragged kicking and screaming into reality, only to be fed these ‘little white lies’ which now become our life.
Then he says the best lyric ever written: ‘I will see you in the next life’. The way he sings that line gives it so much meaning his voice just goes up at the end and it sounds like he’s being carried up through the sky by some rescuing creature to another world, as if he’s finally submitted himself to the dream world, and he’s left us for good.

I know that’s probably not what he was thinking, but that’s what I think when I listen to that song. Man I love that song….
Well done! Good interpretation!

Here is talk show host as I promised...

I want to
I want to be someone else or I'll explode
Floating upon the surface for the birds
The birds
The birds
You want me
****ing well come and find me
I'll be waiting
With a gun and a pack of sandwiches
And nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
You want me
Well come on and break the door down
You want me
****ing come on and break the door down
I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready

Actually. this is going to need more thought. Ive only actually listened to the song once... :confused:
Incidentally dudes...this is not really linked to radiohead, but I feel that as an integral member of the society we should help...

I have in my signature, and I believe 2+2=5 has in his too, big red writing which says "Bring back english student!". If not because this soc misses him, because he is a cool guy, could others also join in.

A movement of the people: Thom would be proud! *starts to feel like a communist leader*
Reply 166
Phonicsdude
Incidentally dudes...this is not really linked to radiohead, but I feel that as an integral member of the society we should help...

I have in my signature, and I believe 2+2=5 has in his too, big red writing which says "Bring back english student!". If not because this soc misses him, because he is a cool guy, could others also join in.

A movement of the people: Thom would be proud! *starts to feel like a communist leader*

Where has he gone?
He's been banned!
Totally ludicrously i might add (see the About TSR section)!
Reply 168
Is it just me or did the author of the "Adhusar has been demoted" thread impart most of the blame on englishstudent? It takes two y'know. And he hasn't been banned forever has he? I think it's only for 7 days...
so, all you radiohead fans..what's your favourite album and favourite song?
The mods messed up.

In short it was everyone's fault except englishstudent's.

*is a good friend like that*

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::p:
Va Voom

Ok Computer
Black star
Reply 172
Yeah, it was the mods fault...

And when he comes back, watch his post counts to rise dramatically!
Well that would be expected, seeing as he hasnt been on for a week, and he is then sudenly allowed to post...

Like a starving lion being given three gazelles!
Reply 174
Phonicsdude

Like a starving lion being given three gazelles!

Great analogy :biggrin: :biggrin: :p:
Reply 175
Phonicsdude
He's been banned!
Totally ludicrously i might add (see the About TSR section)!

wow! that event totally passed me by, I suppose I should spend more attention on the about forum...
Reply 176
Va Voom

Kid A, Motion Picture Sountrack
Va Voom

Favourite Album- Either Kid A or Hail to the Thief, pure genius
Favourite Songs- "Paranoid Android", "The National Anthem", "There, There", "Kid A", "2+2=5", "Idioteque" and "Myxomatosis"..there's loads of others too which I can't mention for space issues :frown:

They have FAR too many songs for me to just one favourite..duh! :wink: :biggrin:

Michael :rolleyes:
ok computer (also my favourite album of all time)
paranoid android or street spirit i think.
Favourite album: OK Computer i think, The Bends a very very close second at the moment.

Favourite song: Idioteque or Let Down.

Quick Reply

Latest