The Student Room Group

Reapplication at manchester

hey guys...just wanted to ask that I applied for MSc in International business and Management at the university of manchester but got an offer for some other course i.e. MSc in Innovation management and entrepreneurship which is something completely irrelevant to what I applied for...so I inquired the same from the university on which they replied that they couldn't offer me bcoz of my low percentage in graduation which is 61.5% first class hons....however was just checking this years manchester postgraduate blog whr I noticed that they have given acceptance to applicants with 60% in their grad....so I am kinda confused about their unjustified process of selection...and wanted to ask that will it help if I reapply for the course(also is it possible to reapply for the same course in the same year) or should I request them to reconsider my application which I've already done and didn't help.
However I got an offer from nottingham for MA management and waiting for Exeter's reply for MSc in International management.
Kindly suggest which one to opt as I really wanted to get my course in manchester??
Reply 1
sam_86
is it possible to reapply for the same course in the same year

Sam, in this case that's a crucial thing. Ask the admissions office at the U of M, as it might be completely impossible. I know at least 4 unis where they automatically reject such forms. You might be wasting your time.

however was just checking this years manchester postgraduate blog whr I noticed that they have given acceptance to applicants with 60% in their grad....so I am kinda confused about their unjustified process of selection...

You don't know the whole profile of this candidate - only his/her numbers. He/she might have had significant work experience in the field, which sometimes makes up for the weak stats.

Good luck!
Reply 2
hey...thanx for your suggestions man....im writing a mail to the dean of manchester business school....coz the admin dept is just not forwarding my application to the concerned dept. and they are not evn considering my 20 month work experience...so hope this resolves my problem.
sam_86
hey guys...just wanted to ask that I applied for MSc in International business and Management at the university of manchester but got an offer for some other course i.e. MSc in Innovation management and entrepreneurship which is something completely irrelevant to what I applied for...so I inquired the same from the university on which they replied that they couldn't offer me bcoz of my low percentage in graduation which is 61.5% first class hons....however was just checking this years manchester postgraduate blog whr I noticed that they have given acceptance to applicants with 60% in their grad....so I am kinda confused about their unjustified process of selection...and wanted to ask that will it help if I reapply for the course(also is it possible to reapply for the same course in the same year) or should I request them to reconsider my application which I've already done and didn't help.
However I got an offer from nottingham for MA management and waiting for Exeter's reply for MSc in International management.
Kindly suggest which one to opt as I really wanted to get my course in manchester??

Hi Sam_86,

Mind sharing the address of the postgrad blog you were talking about?

I hope all goes well with your appeal.
Reply 4
hey thanks a lot....actually i found it on the manchester postgraduate community...its a MBS portal...its a community whr u can meet ur future classmates...i mean people who have already received the confirmation....heres the link

http://www.etheryl.net/MBSPGT
but i guess u cant login.
sam_86
hey thanks a lot....actually i found it on the manchester postgraduate community...its a MBS portal...its a community whr u can meet ur future classmates...i mean people who have already received the confirmation....heres the link

http://www.etheryl.net/MBSPGT
but i guess u cant login.

Thanks for sharing the site, though you're right, I can't log in.

I also applied to MBS, but they haven't gotten back to me (it's been about a month and a half). How long did they take to get back to you with an answer?
Reply 6
hey...dats strange coz they usually reply within 3-4 weeks....i got my decision in 3 weeks....just mail them or call them and ask them about the status referring to your application number...call them at +44(0) 161 275 6562 ...its the admissions office...gud luck
Hey thanks for the info. I just got my offer today. I will be studying MBus Global Business Analysis.

Initially, I wanted to apply to International Business and Management but was intimidated by the number of applicants they got each year, so I applied to Global Business Analysis instead (which had two-thirds less applicants). I was comparing the coursework for both programmes and found that there were some similarities. Maybe you could consider that too.. Just a thought.

Latest

Trending

Trending