The Student Room Group

Passport on Student Loan form?

Well, I'm filling in the Student Finance Form right now and I was just wondering about something.

I used to be on my dad's passport but I think that expired. I haven't got my UK Adult passport yet but am applying for it in the coming weeks. If I put down 'no' as having a passport, can I change it later when I do get one? Is there any negative impact from saying no?

Thank you for any help.
Reply 1
LastLordofTime
Well, I'm filling in the Student Finance Form right now and I was just wondering about something.

I used to be on my dad's passport but I think that expired. I haven't got my UK Adult passport yet but am applying for it in the coming weeks. If I put down 'no' as having a passport, can I change it later when I do get one? Is there any negative impact from saying no?

Thank you for any help.

The passport number is used to confirm your identity. So if you don't fill that part in they will ask for you to send them another form of identification like your bith certificate. It won't have any effect on the financial side of your application though.
That's great. Will I need to get anyone to sign something to confirm my identity, or just the birth certificate?

Also, how am I supposed to know my start date? The one on Track just seems wrong :|

edit: and does EMA count to unearned income?
Reply 3
LastLordofTime
That's great. Will I need to get anyone to sign something to confirm my identity, or just the birth certificate?

Also, how am I supposed to know my start date? The one on Track just seems wrong :|

I think you just send the birth certificate and that's all they need (although I didn't have to do that because I've got a passport).

For the start date I just used the one on track, which was 01-Sep-09, but its since updated to 28-Sep-09, so I guess they'll check that with the uni anyway. Just put down the best date you can figure out from the information you have.

EMA doesn't count as it's not taxable.
Cool, thank you very much =)
Reply 5
No problem :smile:
Reply 6
LastLordofTime

Hi There is an identity form you have to fill in to send with your birth certificate. It is easy to find under the forms section. Run this off, there are two parts, one you have to fill in and one your sponsor has to fill in. They will have to have known you 3 years or so. So a teacher, clergyman somebody in authority. BUT, whatever you do send it in recorded delivery as they lost mine.
It turned up eventually but not before I purchased another one.
Reply 7
Hi, I've got a question that I would like to ask as well, my passport has been expired since august but I'm allowed to stay in UK permanently, so could I still apply for student finance or do I have to renew my passport? I'm not allowed to apply for a British passport unless I've been here for at least five years (which will be next year).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending