The Student Room Group

Benefits - hanging around all day

I'll start the ball rolling.

Firstly, I hate the way I'm at uni, paying a lot to get a degree, having to study etc., when there's people who do absolutely nothing but go around causing trouble, smoking drugs etc. and get benefits to pay for all this.
Now before you have a go at me for stereotyping, of course all people on benefits aren't like this, I'm just saying that it seems a lot of them are, and it really annoys me.

Scroll to see replies

O rly.
a lot of people say the same thing about students....
Reply 3
rich2606

lol!
I have noticed that actually, loads of students complain, moan about work, leave it till the last minute.
But the difference is we're contributing something to society, whereas these chavs on the street aren't!
Your education's subsidised. Quit complaining.
Reply 5
sammy1988
I'll start the ball rolling.

Firstly, I hate the way I'm at uni, paying a lot to get a degree, having to study etc., when there's people who do absolutely nothing but go around causing trouble, smoking drugs etc. and get benefits to pay for all this.
Now before you have a go at me for stereotyping, of course all people on benefits aren't like this, I'm just saying that it seems a lot of them are, and it really annoys me.

Nobody's forcing you to be at university, paying a lot for a degree and having to study.
Admittedly, I don't like benefit cheats any more than the next person, but saying how you hate them because of the situation you CHOSE to be in seems a little silly.
rich2606

Except most students have loans worth tens of thousands of pounds, which need paying back. Slight difference. (Fair enough, some students get grants, but my point stands).
Reply 7
Antimatter
Your education's subsidised. Quit complaining.

How?
Reply 8
Drop out and become a drug addict. Ahhh the bum life, the good life.
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
cpj1987
Nobody's forcing you to be at university, paying a lot for a degree and having to study.
Admittedly, I don't like benefit cheats any more than the next person, but saying how you hate them because of the situation you CHOSE to be in seems a little silly.

This!

Just think about yourself and not them; you'll be the one with a great job. Admittedly you'll be paying taxes for the people who cannot work (their choice or otherwise) but you'll have a better lifestyle than them in the long run. And it's your hard work that got you there. Be proud of yourself.
Reply 11
bonnielass98
O rly.

Yes rly.
Only a minority of people like trolls.
GdotL
Yes rly.
Only a minority of people like trolls.

Oh sod off. The OP is being silly and generalising. I've just had a look at your profile pic btw, and I really think your skirt is too short. Sorry dear.
If you can't beat them, join them.
Reply 14
bonnielass98
Oh sod off. The OP is being silly and generalising. I've just had a look at your profile pic btw, and I really think your skirt is too short. Sorry dear.

I was talking about your other thread, dear. No one would have an actual pic like that up on their profile, let's be honest.
And those are shorts that I'm wearing - why are they too short anyway?
It's your top that's too short.
Reply 15
bonnielass98

<3 snide remark =P

Back on topic, as people have said already. You'll be most likely in a job that gives you more financial flexibility than those on benefits. Of course, it's hard works, but at least you can buy decent kit and go on decent holidays (or at least on a little more regular benefits than those on the dough...)
sammy1988
lol!
I have noticed that actually, loads of students complain, moan about work, leave it till the last minute.
But the difference is we're contributing something to society, whereas these chavs on the street aren't!

I'd dare say a massive percentage of "Students" who are doing a degree, aren't contributing anything to society.

Just because one is at uni, doesn't mean they're doing a massive service to the people or something. It depends on the degree, and also on the person and if they're going to put it to good use.
Reply 17
Ok forget the uni thing here, what I find annoying is just the way they get paid to hang out and cause trouble
Reply 18
If you think about benefit bums too long your head will explode.

I'd recommend you think about how you can put your education to good use and reap the rewards.
Reply 19
meatstu
If you think about benefit bums too long your head will explode.

I'd recommend you think about how you can put your education to good use and reap the rewards.

is it just this country thought where all these type of people get benefits?
knowing that it happens in other countries might make me feel better:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending