The Student Room Group

The AA or UCL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i just sign mine domp with no space but very small
Reply 21
emmmmm

what do u think?

Those are nice paintings! though it could be said that it is demonstrating a lot of skill and effort, but not necessarily your thoughts and process of the work. ucl will look for anything that is interesting, things that shows you are actually challenging a topic given. the admissions tutor said that the first thing he's looking for in the portfolio is something "interesting".
Reply 22
AA if you have loads of money
Reply 23
even if you have loads of money, UCL is still better imo.
Reply 24
+epic
even if you have loads of money, UCL is still better imo.

seconded.
HI There,
I have the same problem, i am admitted at UCL for MArch Architectural design, and AA for Sustainable Enviromental design and i am confused which program to choose, i know they are different but which would be better to study as i will do it one time, any advice?
Original post by Nader Gebran UK
HI There,
I have the same problem, i am admitted at UCL for MArch Architectural design, and AA for Sustainable Enviromental design and i am confused which program to choose, i know they are different but which would be better to study as i will do it one time, any advice?

UCL.
Reply 27
Original post by Mockingbird36
Hi,
I'm a home student, currently on a gap year. I have gotten into both the AA and the Bartlett and I'm having trouble choosing between them since the courses are so similar but the AA (being privately funded & costing around 14k/y) offers better facilities and a better student to tutor ratio, but is it worth all the extra cost and burden of loading myself with student loans etc. since UCL is so similar...
Thoughts?

Congrats! I'm jealous..

As an international student, I would choose ucl. It's true that aa has many internationally successful alumni. However, it is also known for its harsh pass rate. (Only one forth can graduate from AA, I heard.) Your fee can turn into nothing if you cannot graduate.
If it were not for the low pass rate or high tuition, I think aa would be a better choice than ucl. As you can read on wikipedia, bartlett developed into the current form after aa professors moved into ucl and introduced their system to bartlett. So aa is more historical and may have more well-developed courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending