The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
A load of nonsense. A cynical top ten ploy.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Here you go - lots of info here: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/campusvision/forum/
I'm glad someone has made a thread about the new buildings. I won't be back in time for the Guild Meeting on Monday night :frown:

lmcorr, or anyone else currently at Exeter....do you know whats happening about the library next year? Are they getting rid of it completely? Doesn't sound ideal seeing as it'll be my final year and I'll need a library to live in :frown: :biggrin:
Reply 4
Presumably they won't move all the books across until next year's summer holiday or something like that - leave doing it till the very end (possibly). Orrrr maybe they'll move things back to the Old Library for the time being (though can't say I know how they'd fit everything in)?
Reply 5
To be honest I haven't heard what they're going to do about the library in the mean time. The old library doesn't have enough space as it is, so I doubt there will be much moving in there. Might be a question for the Guild I would have thought.
Yeah I want to go to the meeting on Monday but won't be back in time :frown:
Think I'll have to send my housemates along in my place :biggrin:
Yeah I want to go to the meeting on Monday but won't be back in time :frown:
Think I'll have to send my housemates along in my place :biggrin:
Reply 8
Just came across this - I was at the meeting ^.^

Librarys staying as it is - the'yre building a big wall in front of it and side access to the library to keep the noise of construction out. I could remember more when I started typing, but I've forgetten more. I think they're going for the close part of DH, renovate, open and close another part and repeat...
Sephrenia
Just came across this - I was at the meeting ^.^

Librarys staying as it is - the'yre building a big wall in front of it and side access to the library to keep the noise of construction out. I could remember more when I started typing, but I've forgetten more. I think they're going for the close part of DH, renovate, open and close another part and repeat...

Oh ok cheers Seph. Sounds better than I thought, but still not ideal! 3rd year on a building site is not going to be much fun tbh. Quite annoying. Also if they're renovating parts of DH while other parts are open then I imagine the open parts are still going to get noise of drilling etc. :frown:
Boooo. Exeter as we know it will not be the same anymore!
sophisticated
Oh ok cheers Seph. Sounds better than I thought, but still not ideal! 3rd year on a building site is not going to be much fun tbh. Quite annoying. Also if they're renovating parts of DH while other parts are open then I imagine the open parts are still going to get noise of drilling etc. :frown:
Boooo. Exeter as we know it will not be the same anymore!

What they're doing does look quite good. Just so very annoying that we get all of the construction and none of the benefits. They're aiming for an under-2 year build IIRC...
Sephrenia
What they're doing does look quite good. Just so very annoying that we get all of the construction and none of the benefits. They're aiming for an under-2 year build IIRC...

Exactly.
But I guess someones got to be in that place and its just unlucky that its us!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending