The Student Room Group
i do higher computing as well and i HATE it. it bores the hell out of me and i got forced to pick it.
however its soooooo easy to get a pass because if you look at past papers the same questions keep coming up all the time it really depends on how much you're willing to study. i think it's just the calculations you need to watch out for.
Reply 2
Madjackismad
Well Higher Computing must be one of the hardest highers you can take, it is for me anyway. I've studied quite a bit for it and the exam is my last one :woo: so goooood times from the 5th of June.

It's not that difficult when you realise it's more or less the same questions every year.

The System Spec, Mantissa/exponent, Total Addressable Memory etc. are all easy marks and a lot of the development stuff is common sense IIRC. If your doing AI, the Prolog stuff is easy marks since the questions barely vary at all.

how did your coursework go?
Reply 3
Its not section 1 that im worried about, its section 2 and the networking sub section is easy for me, just a lot to learn and I struggle with the algorithm/pseudocode questions a bit. I was 10 marks off the total score for the coursework task :frown:
Reply 4
Me :biggrin: I think it's one of my easier subjects. I dunno what the networking section's like though, I'm doing AI.
Reply 5
It was my skivy subject last year, also too maths, chem, bio, physics.

Mind you I did panic the day before the exam and did an all nighter; turned out there was masses of stuff I'd never seen in my life :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending