The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kobrakai
if i remember rightly, there's a train from leeds to huddersfield at around 2.30am. cheaper than a taxi and still lets you have a fairly good night out. i think there's one an hour later too.

Great stuff, your rele helping me out here. Made me feel a million times better. Best of luck with your studies xxx
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 21
my studies are as good as over now!
Reply 22
hi all,
i am new to this and doing a access course at college. I want to do the podiatry course but i live in chesterfield and the only places that do this are Huddersfield uni and Salford uni so i will be a long way away from home which ever i choose. I just wanted to know what the uni is like and if anyone else is doing the podiatry course if so what is it like?:smile:
Reply 23
beanny
hi all,
i am new to this and doing a access course at college. I want to do the podiatry course but i live in chesterfield and the only places that do this are Huddersfield uni and Salford uni so i will be a long way away from home which ever i choose. I just wanted to know what the uni is like and if anyone else is doing the podiatry course if so what is it like?:smile:

My friends from chesterfield and at hudds uni and its only 40-50 minutes away. Not far really. There are alot of people at hudds uni who will be from further away. nothing to worry about.
Reply 24
ZaraLara
Oh ok sounds good :smile: so i see u are actully from the uni, tell me everything :smile:! The nightlife, the bad points, good points, anything and everything !! xxxxxx

In terms of living in Huddersfield, there really isn't any bad points. Some decent restaurants, quite a few shops etc.

As for the University it's decent. I've met lots of people over the course of my two years, and they are all really nice guys. Put it this way, out of the 3/4 Unis I applied for, Huddersfield was by far the best.

The nightlife isn't that bad although for a second year student like me it's been a bit of a pain in the backside as you find that the traditional places you used to go to have been taken over by first years.

The main club in Huddersfield is called Tokyo's, which is where everybody goes on Wednesdays. It has three floors of different types of music, so there's something to suit your needs. Drinks are a tad expensive, but they get away with that because of popularity.

The traditional drinking places on Monday and Wednesday's are Warehouse (Mon: £1 drinks; Wed: Karaoke, pre-drinking place for Tokyo's)

Varsity is always good value, as is Yates' (which does superb food earlier, I may add).

Forgot to mention Camel Club on a Monday and Thursday too, which is always good for a laugh although I recommend getting a Camel Card to have full value of it, otherwise expect queuing.
Reply 25
hi..um im probably gonna be there next year judging from how ive done in my exams..just wanted to ask wats the accomadation aspley like..i tihnk thats wat its called..its really close to the uni i kno that..i looked at Storthes..dno bout it tho..lemme kno bout aspley..
Reply 26
Aspley is right outside Uni, you're correct. From my experiences this year, there are positives and negatives as with all student accommodation. I've lived at Storthes and Aspley and I prefer Aspley for location, but there are some thing of Storthes I do miss.

The internet is cracking at Aspley, the rooms are decent and the staff are friendly enough. Really small, although I found that people didn't mix as much as they did at Storthes. Whether that was because it's mostly second years and everyone has their own friends, I don't know.

If you're a first year living near second and third years, I recommend getting to know them as they'll make your first year a lot easier.
I'm slightly nervous about the first year but I'm sure I will be fine! I'm used to making friends and such :smile: It's just the whole forgetting something to take that I'll hate! As long as I have my guitar then I'll be happy enough :smile:
I mainly use my Jackson Dinky MG but I also have a Bc Rich Warlock and a Tanglewood accoustic of somekind :P Also I have my Ibanez bass which sounds alright for a cheap bass!
Why do people tend to think I'm only into the heavy stuff? :P I'm into a whole wide range of music to be honest with you. Granted mainly Metal and Rock but I like to play alsorts. Hell, I love to play along to classical music :smile:
Haha, well this is where you're going to win xD

My fav bands are Megadeth, Motley Crue, Metallica, Testament, Bad Religion, Billy Talent

There's too many to name! xD
Reply 31
lol Billy talent are the odd one out there.......

Did you go to download, Motley Crue were awesome :P
I sadly couldn't afford it! *cries*

You say that Billy Talent are the odd one out but you should see my music list. You'll end up calling something like Elton John the odd one out and then see Darius and call that the odd one out xD

Forgot to mention RUSH! I dunno how I did that. I feel like apologising to those crazy Canadians now. That's a band I would LOVE to see live.

Latest

Trending

Trending