The Student Room Group

Need Some Advice...please?

I'm currently a 1st year history student. I'm having to start to think about my module options and what I want to choose to do (something I've not really done this year) for next year.

I'm making a list of all the ones that I would fancy studying. I am particularly interested in more modern history, in particular modern Germany and the Nazis as well as race and culture history with particular reference to Jews/Anti-Semitism.

My question is more or less is it a bad idea to choose relatively narrow subject themes/dates which interest me more or choose wider ranging options inculding a few which particularly interest me? I only have about 4 choices over the whole of the year.

I'm worried that if I only do a relatively narrow selection, my options and choices later on will be more restricted. At the moment my plan is to to an MA and phD in (probably/hopefully) modern German history or something along those lines.

Any advice etc?
Thanks.

Well, someone who want to be a phd should have wide historical knowledge, not only about one period, such as II World War, but If you are going to continue your education only in this field, it will be better for you to focus on that from beggining, at last I think so, but maybe someone else will write something about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending