The Student Room Group

The AEA/Oxford/S Paper superthread

Please note that this thread is for discussion of the above exams, not specific questions.

This is a bank of solutions for past papers from the above exams. If you have a maths-related question to ask then please make a new thread in the maths forum. If you have a question about procedure or similar then this is the place to post.

There have been many threads about the above exams and in this thread are the links to all the solution threads that have been started. As time goes on the amount of solutions available will increase and I will edit this post accordingly. If you come across a thread that should be linked to from this thread then just post and I shall add it too the list.

If there is no hyper link then there is currently no thread so feel free to make one.

AEA

Solution threads: 2006 - 2007 - 2008

Though there is not yet a dedicated 2007 and 2008 thread, there is a discussion about many of the papers here

Some papers can be found here.
A .zip file with many past papers can be found in the first post of this thread.

2009 Discussion thread can be found here

Oxford Entry Papers

Solution threads: 2006 - 2007 - 2008

Papers can be found at on the Oxford Maths Institute website.
Note: the specimen papers have worked answers provided.
There are some older papers here near the bottom of the page.

Special Papers (Pre-AEA)

Solution thread: 1992-1995

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope to have the three Oxford papers solutioned within the week. The rest will come in time
Yay I had requested a sticky for special papers :biggrin:

btw I thought that the solutions to the AEA papers are already available on the internet? (I may be mistaken)

(I have a folder with the solutions given to me by my school)
Reply 3
8 Horizontal
Yay I had requested a sticky for special papers :biggrin:

btw I thought that the solutions to the AEA papers are already available on the internet? (I may be mistaken)

(I have a folder with the solutions given to me by my school)

They may well be but no doubt people will maybe make there own.

TSR pwns Edexcel. :cool:
The Muon

TSR pwns Edexcel. :cool:

So true ... :p:
Reply 5
The Muon

TSR pwns Edexcel
. :cool:

:yep:
Reply 6
The Muon
but no doubt people will maybe

:p:

But no, yeah, those threads can be a good way of revising, particularly if someone reads and comments on your solution. Also, AEA questions can often be approached in more than one way, so you could learn something new from TSR solutions that Edexcel ones don't mention.
Reply 7
I am also in the same boat. My maths teacher said he would enter me and as of yet he's not got round to it - think I may possibly have missed my chance.
Reply 8
Should I ask my teacher about it?

All I need to cover now is double angle formulae and differential equations. :woo:
Are there other people entered at your college? If so, I think that (provided that there are still papers left) you could turn up on the day. If not, I think the entries are only really limited by how quickly the exam entries can be processed and exam papers securely delivered (at the moment, most of the exam papers for early May should already be in the safe in your sixth form / school / college) - I know that Edexel Chemistry does not guarantee chemicals to arrive in time. At the moment your are well past the 'late' deadline, but I imagine that you can still be entered within the month.
Im sure that no calculators are allowed and this is the formula booklet we get. I also attached something like the specification ^^
They don't exactly take much to derive? I'd much rather they'd list stuff like the Volume of a cone/sphere as the former in particular always comes up in Mech and I keep forgetting it. :o:
Reply 12
PM your email address, i have all the papers,markschemes,examiners reports in a big pack.
Does anyone know where I can find more practice papers for AEA?(or similar questions) I've done the special papers and the AEA papers...
darkness9999
Does anyone know where I can find more practice papers for AEA?(or similar questions) I've done the special papers and the AEA papers...

Perhaps have a go at some more recent STEP I papers? The style is completely different to AEA but the difficulty of the questions themselves should be suitable - just don't be put off if you struggle at first as most people take a while to adapt.
Hashshashin
Perhaps have a go at some more recent STEP I papers? The style is completely different to AEA but the difficulty of the questions themselves should be suitable - just don't be put off if you struggle at first as most people take a while to adapt.

I did solve a couple of STEP I questions... they are okay but they dont really help me with AEA because, as you said, the style is completely different :rolleyes: thanks anyway

If someone else is intrested in WJEC S-Level papers ... I attached them
Reply 16
darkness9999
I did solve a couple of STEP I questions... they are okay but they dont really help me with AEA because, as you said, the style is completely different :rolleyes: thanks anyway

If someone else is intrested in WJEC S-Level papers ... I attached them

Woah how on earth did you get the time to do all those papers!!?? :eek:
Reply 17
NesQuiK.
Woah how on earth did you get the time to do all those papers!!?? :eek:

There were loads more on mdsalih a couple of years back. I had them all on my computer, but then it got deleted :bawling:.
NesQuiK.
And also why is ff1(x)=xf(x)=f1(x)ff^{-1}(x)=x\Longleftrightarrow f(x)=f^{-1}(x)I started early ... as the AEA is part of my offer -.-'

Can anyone post some relevent theorems which we have to know?

I can start it off :

Angle Bisector Theorem

Rhombus Theorem

GCSE Circle Theorems

This is basically all i know and i fear i will come across something which requires another theorem

And also why is ff1(x)=xf(x)=f1(x)ff^{-1}(x)=x\Longleftrightarrow f(x)=f^{-1}(x)

{mod: sorry, I mangled this post by accident. I've tried to put it all back as it was...}
Thanks for this and settling my confusion :top:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending