The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I guess on average I had around 3 lectures a day. At Bristol we don't really have lab sessions, or at least not ones where you go along and a lecturer teaches you. So the amount of time you spend in the labs depends on how quickly you get your coursework done, or if you decide to do it at home instead. The amount of lectures I'd guess is pretty typical for a CS course, but different unis will do lab sessions differently.
Reply 2
22hr per week counting my 2nd semester timetable, includes lectures/labs/tutorial/example classes
Reply 3
About 18 hours per week at York, of say 6 are of labs/problem classes, roughly.
Reply 4
leeming
22hr per week counting my 2nd semester timetable, includes lectures/labs/tutorial/example classes

Mm..that seems like quite a lot...especially with lunch etc in there...does it mount up the bascialy a normal school day?
What year are you in?
Reply 5
AshleyT
Mm..that seems like quite a lot...especially with lunch etc in there...does it mount up the bascialy a normal school day?
What year are you in?

7hrs a week labs (tho one of them labs is a drop in.. and another is bi-weekly, so 4or6 per week)
11hrs of lectures
4/3hr of lectures (another one is bi-weekly)

Monday & wed are half days, Tuesday starts at 10 and ends at 3/5pm (so a long day on the A-week)

Im at manchester, first year
Reply 6
12 my uni are cheapskates :P
In first and second year we have about 9 hours of lectures a week and a few hours of optional labs, there is a fair amount of practical work but also ALOT of free time. Third year about 9 hours of lectures a week and no labs, insane amount of practical work but still able to have free time in the evening. Fourth year, 8 hours of lectures first term and 4 hours second term, horrific amount of practical work, no free time ever basicly.

Latest

Trending

Trending