The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
I'm not anorexic and nor do I ever want to be.

Right.
Reply 21
You don't have to be a rake to have the attitude of an anorexic. I cannot understand how you are still alive or not permanently in bed. As people have said, your body uses about 1300 cals a day just for living and breathing. If you continue this then not only will your body be eating your fat storage but it will also start eating your organs. As soon as this starts to happen, you are on a one way road to an early grave. You need more sustenance! You are more than likely cutting out main food groups which can lead to other problems like heart disease and diabetes and you are putting serious strain on your heart as it is having to work so hard just to get the energy to beat.
hmm, people dont seem to understand how to lose weight, they see these skinny twigs in magazine that have been touched up b photoshop and think thats what they "should look like" Ok, the main way to lose weight is this, controlled eating, eating a protein rich meal 5-6 times a day with 3 hours intervals. Digesting food alone uses up 30%of the DRA of cals per day. If you are eating protein rich low carb small meals a day then, given that you cal intake over the cal output is lower then you will be losing weight just by sitting on your ass allday nvm doing any exercise.people dont undertand that ye aint gota starve to get slim, ima rugby/bodybuilder,im also looking to lose weight and have lost 1kg in the past week by a good set weight programme 3 times a week and a low cal high protein diet (6meals per day)im eating to lose weight:smile:
so plz plz plz, dont be like so many out there and thinking that you have to cut down to as little calories as possible, it'll make you feel like crap to start with, its bad for you in the long run and most of all you wont gain what you set out to achieve in the first place, to lose wieght, also you have to be careful as to what weight you lose, what body tissues you are using as your energy for everyday life. For example, you dont want to be losing any muscle tissue as 1kg of muscle tissue burns up to 50cals a day at rest, therefor if you are looking to burn fat then you have got to really read up on how todo so.
p.s. i am no professional, yet, but i do know that 150-200 cals is dangerous, in so many ways its scary. you should really read up on how to lose weightin the most effective way possible.
You will normally fidn that the best way to lose it is by working out hard and a small decrease in the RDA of cals
Reply 23
Sorry but either you are eating almost nothing or you've counted your calories wrong. I think you know that 100-150 calories a day is bad, its like just a bit more than a cereal bar
Anonymous
I'm not anorexic and nor do I ever want to be. I know I don't have a mental disordor but I'm worried non-the-less. I'm not scarily thin and I don't want to be so thin that all my bones come out. I just want to get back to my lowest weight of and be happy as last year being fat I've just been so miserable.

Anyway, since October I've cut out my caloires to 300 or so. There's never been a day since then that I've eaten more then that. Now this year I've become even more strict. I've been eating 150 caloires since March. The last 4 weeks I've been exercising off everything I eat every day plus more (except one day when I missed my exercise). I burn off 250 calories and eat around 100-115 caloires per day now. The weird thing is that I don't feel ill. I feel a lot better then I did before and look better too but obviously I'm still big.

The worst thing is that I know how wrong this is; I work in a hospital on placement and am doing a medicine related course. I know how bad it is but I can't seem to stop. My aim is to continue this for another 6 months but I want to know what exactly is happening to my body. I know I'm messing it up that's obvious but it was already messed from the start.I'm scared though

As a previous poster has said you need to redefine you definition of anorexia. You may not have all the criteria for anorexia but your eating behaviour is not typical. What you have outlined above is typical of disordered eating, like anorexia. You have a plan (cutting calories as opposed to eating more healthily) you have further reduced ur calorie intake when you managed on 300 kcals per day (this is typical in eatin disorders - you manage on so many cals per day and then reduce it further), excersize to compensate what you eat and you count your calories that you have burned. You seem ridig in your ways and you said you can't seem to stop suggesting you are no longer in control of your eating behaviours. BUT you realise what your doing is harmful and this would be a good time to seek professional support. Perhaps you could start talking to someone you can talk to, like a friend or a parent, so they can support you getting better.
Think you've miscalculated your daily intake there. 4 months of eating that little and you would literally be on the brink of death.
Even if you started weighing like 160lbs you'd weight morelike 40lbs after 4 months of doing that. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE
Reply 27
you know you're just gonna put it all on again right?
You really do need to talk to your doctor or someone else, the links posted on the first page may help you.
Reply 29
troll. body CANNOT survive for the about of time you've stated on that little energy. wise up missus.
I've eaten more than that in the last 5 minutes (a Mars Bar)
It's not possible to live like that; I had a friend who was diagnosed as anorexic and she ate more than that - usually about 500 calories a day and she was very ill.
A major part of having an eating disorder is the element of denial........
You only need to eat 500cals under maintenance to lose weight

If your maintenance is 2000. You can safely eat 1500 and still lose 1lb per week. Losing more than 1-2lbe per week isn't a good idea anyway.

If you exercise you can eat more calories.

No benefit to what you are doing. It will just make you look ill, become weak and fuk up your body inside
Hey I don't know how old you are but I am 14 and have the same sort of eeatig and excersizs patterns as you, but I do not count fruit and vegetables in my calorie count for the day. Should I? As does fruit and vegetables contain any calories/ make you fat? Thanks xx
Hey I'm quite similar and if love to message in more detail about it I literally relate to what you're saying so much !! 😀❤️
Hey I'm quite knowledgable about nutrition etc message me anytime if u have any questions xx
Original post by Betty2106
Hey I'm quite similar and if love to message in more detail about it I literally relate to what you're saying so much !! 😀❤️

This thread is from 2009.

Latest