Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BNP election broadcast

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Are there actually black-ONLY colleges in the states? I've heard of "historically black" colleges, but as far as I'm aware, they don't say white people can't go there.
    I've no idea actually - I just assumed the truth of the post to which I was responding! But if there were then...(see previous!)

ZarathustraX

EDIT: Andyukguy: Can't respond to Bethany and ignore me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    I imagine most people's definition of racism would be something along the lines of "Considering one particular race of people to be superior to another" or "Hating another race because of the colour of their skin". I believe these to be popular definitions of the term in the year 2005. Going by this, the BNP is not racist. Asking that the party membership be white is something only considered racist because of the current PC climate. May I ask if you consider the black-only colleges in the states racist towards white people? How about the numerous schools here where *only* Muslim children are allowed to go? No you don't (I assume) because both of these groups are minorities in the UK (so that somehow makes it ok for them to want to study or learn about their cultures in a non-mixed environment) where as a party for white people wanting to learn about white culture is somehow by definition racist? What's wrong with being proud to be white? Being so does not mean hating anybody non-white

Andrew
    No offence - but give me a break :rolleyes: :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    No offence - but give me a break :rolleyes: :p:
    Bethany, please could you elaborate?

Andrew
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with being proud to be white? Being so does not mean hating anybody non-white
    I am generally opposed to the idea of being proud of any group or race of people of whom you are only a member due to accident of birth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farmer marshall)
    I find it highly amusing that Scotland can have their own national party bu the whole of Britain cant
    The two dont really bare any comparisons
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I imagine most people's definition of racism would be something along the lines of "Considering one particular race of people to be superior to another" or "Hating another race because of the colour of their skin". I believe these to be popular definitions of the term in the year 2005. Going by this, the BNP is not racist. Asking that the party membership be white is something only considered racist because of the current PC climate. May I ask if you consider the black-only colleges in the states racist towards white people? How about the numerous schools here where *only* Muslim children are allowed to go? No you don't (I assume) because both of these groups are minorities in the UK (so that somehow makes it ok for them to want to study or learn about their cultures in a non-mixed environment) where as a party for white people wanting to learn about white culture is somehow by definition racist?
    Err, no, it's when that group of solely white people wants to run the country, a multicultural society, based around 'their' white culture that things get dangerous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom391)
    I am generally opposed to the idea of being proud of any group or race of people of whom you are only a member due to accident of birth.
    I understand your logic, although whether it was through an accident or not, I am who I am! I personally see nothing wrong of wanting to learn about and being proud of what that is :tee:

Andrew
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    racist bnp will never be a threat aslong as people don't get lazy and stop voting for proper parties.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bethany, please could you elaborate?

Andrew
    Well, firstly I'll second the gist of the comments made by ciara and tom391...

"Being proud" of your country and origins *to a reasonable extent* is patriotism, which you can display with ease without having to support a party whose main policy displayed in their recent broadcast is saying how many asylum seekers have been let in by the Tories and Labour :rolleyes:

Everything about them is racist! Their party leader was actually arrested for inciting racial hatred for crying out loud - what more do you need ? (although if you do require more, it exists :p: )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I imagine most people's definition of racism would be something along the lines of "Considering one particular race of people to be superior to another" or "Hating another race because of the colour of their skin". I believe these to be popular definitions of the term in the year 2005. Going by this, the BNP is not racist. Asking that the party membership be white is something only considered racist because of the current PC climate. May I ask if you consider the black-only colleges in the states racist towards white people? How about the numerous schools here where *only* Muslim children are allowed to go? No you don't (I assume) because both of these groups are minorities in the UK (so that somehow makes it ok for them to want to study or learn about their cultures in a non-mixed environment) where as a party for white people wanting to learn about white culture is somehow by definition racist? What's wrong with being proud to be white? Being so does not mean hating anybody non-white
    Andrew
    You make non-sensical, simplistic definitions of race. "White" and "Non-white" have no specific meaning. There is no scientific definition, or way of defining/measuring whether somebody is "white" or "non-white". They are not different species. Humans are one species, and their genetic variations are on a continuous scale, not a discrete scale. For instance, is somebody who has one african Grandparent non-white? one african great-grandparent? great-great-grandparent? Its ambiguous, and why do you wan't to be able to classify and label people anyway?, i think its utterly pointless, and probably a little sinister. Another point to remember is that the overwhelming genetic evidence points to the fact that he human race originated in Africa, we are all descended from Africans. As for muslim only schools, thats a religious issue, and Blair had to allow them because he allows catholic only schools, i personally think religion should be kept out of school, but there you go. Black only colleges? They only exist for one reason, and thats that African-Americans tend to live in ghettos, so obviously end up attending schools where everyone is from a similar racial background.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    Well, firstly I'll second the gist of the comments made by ciara and tom391...

"Being proud" of your country and origins *to a reasonable extent* is patriotism, which you can display with ease without having to support a party whose main policy displayed in their recent broadcast is saying how many asylum seekers have been let in by the Tories and Labour :rolleyes:

Everything about them is racist! Their party leader was actually arrested for inciting racial hatred for crying out loud - what more do you need ? (although if you do require more, it exists :p: )
    Thank you, I did give my reasons for supporting the BNP I believe in my first post on these boards I wont repeat them here but I would like it if you read through them as it does explain my viewpoint.

Well it depends on how you look it, Nick was arrested under a law which restricts and contradicts what Free Speech should stand for in my opinion.

Andrew
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The BNP will never be a threat; their appeal is limited to a small group of people which will not grow. Their leader is a racist (who for example denies the occurance of the Holocaust).

Andyukguy, apart from the whole BNP-protagonism, you seem quite cheerful and friendly, and from your spelling (& the fact you're at Nottingham Uni) i can assume that you are not a complete idiot. Why do you support a group of ignorant, backward, racist facists? I just cannot understand why any sane person with an ounce of mental power would do so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they honestly think that telling people they will give everyone with training a 'modern assault rifle with ammunition' so they can shoot burglars and people invading the country (do they mean immigrants here?) is going to get any sane person to vote for them. You thought they might at least try and sound a little credible at election time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tony Blair's handling of the immigration crisis accompanied by the gradual increase in BNP councillors - are you thinking what we're thinking?

Vote for a sensible approach on immigration issues. Not satisified with the continuous dodging of questions we have to put up with? Feel in Jeremy Paxman's shoes whenever we want to get important information out of the Prime Minister?

Vote for common sense, Vote for individual freedom, Vote Conservative.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The BNP will never be a threat; their appeal is limited to a small group of people which will not grow. Their leader is a racist (who for example denies the occurance of the Holocaust).

Andyukguy, apart from the whole BNP-protagonism, you seem quite cheerful and friendly, and from your spelling (& the fact you're at Nottingham Uni) i can assume that you are not a complete idiot. Why do you support a group of ignorant, backward, racist facists? I just cannot understand why any sane person with an ounce of mental power would do so.
    tom391 - because I one day hope to change the BNP into a credible (in the eyes of the majority) party. Perhaps the SNP example is a good one. I hope to leave the anti-semetism and over-extreme policies to these guys:

www.white.org.uk
    www.natfront.com

The BNP has a solid core of supporters and contributors and I think with a strong leader with the right policies we could do well one day.

Andrew
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    omg the "White Nationalist Party" webpage looks like it was designed by the Nazis!

wait a minute.....

It WAS designed by the Nazis!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    omg the "White Nationalist Party" webpage looks like it was designed by the Nazis!

wait a minute.....

It WAS designed by the Nazis!

Hopefully you can see now why the BNP is the party for me when I have only those three to choose from (unless you count Veritas).

Andrew
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Tony Blair's handling of the immigration crisis accompanied by the gradual increase in BNP councillors - are you thinking what we're thinking?
    That is cheap :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Whats intelligence got to do with anything? Intelligence and general *****ness are tangental,unrelated qualities, they bear no relation to each other. I imagine Hitler wasn't exactly stupid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Whats intelligence got to do with anything? Intelligence and general *****ness are tangental,unrelated qualities, they bear no relation to each other. I imagine Hitler wasn't exactly stupid.
    Good point...

I guess I assume that people who are relativly able mentally would be able to understand different viewpoints/arguments better than stupid people; and therefore are unlikely to campaign for parties such as the BNP (or, even worse, the "White Nationalist Party" (who are under the illusion that a 'white country' could exist) and the NF) whose views are single-minded and ignorant, and whose supporters are unable to understand (let alone be nice to) anyone different to themselves.
Updated: May 7, 2005
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.