The Student Room Group
Reply 1
YES! They removed videos that have music on it...fair enough BUT You can't listen or buy the music anywhere else! What the **** are they taking it off for!

I'm happy to say that downloading your music is wrong! It's stealing and I don't think you should do it. But when youtube take off videos of music or disable the music on the videos then that ********!

This copyright protection is a joke! It going to far
Reply 2
This is quite a disapointing thread. I was expecting more relies
Reply 3
agreed
Reply 4
You idiotic morons no nothing about copyright and its affects. Seriously some people.
Reply 5
Tonic
YES! They removed videos that have music on it...fair enough BUT You can't listen or buy the music anywhere else! What the **** are they taking it off for!

I'm happy to say that downloading your music is wrong! It's stealing and I don't think you should do it. But when youtube take off videos of music or disable the music on the videos then that ********!

This copyright protection is a joke! It going to far

Yes how dare someone protect their intellectual property. Just because you want to watch something doesn't mean you can. If you don't have the rights to distribute a video you can't do it.

It does cost the artist money if people can watch the videos on Youtube, because they don't receive the royalties they would if the video was being shown on the likes of MTV. This is the reason that the music videos were taken down Youtube couldn't come to an arrangement with some of the record companies as to how much they should receive when their videos were played.
Reply 6
scorpion95
Hi all

Is anyone else getting annoyed with youtube removing videos which most clearly don't break the rules on there? and music videos getting removed because of copyright when its doing no damage to the company what so ever

Go and read why Youtube are actually removing the videos, then we can discuss why it's not really Youtube's fault.
Reply 7
donuticus
Yes how dare someone protect their intellectual property. Just because you want to watch something doesn't mean you can. If you don't have the rights to distribute a video you can't do it.

It does cost the artist money if people can watch the videos on Youtube, because they don't receive the royalties they would if the video was being shown on the likes of MTV. This is the reason that the music videos were taken down Youtube couldn't come to an arrangement with some of the record companies as to how much they should receive when their videos were played.

Yes you are right BUT....if you would like to read what I wrote you'll see that I was saying was if the artist doesn't release their song for sale then they have no argument. It's not stealing if the artist isn't losing out.
Reply 8
agreed
Reply 9
Tonic
Yes you are right BUT....if you would like to read what I wrote you'll see that I was saying was if the artist doesn't release their song for sale then they have no argument. It's not stealing if the artist isn't losing out.

It is their song though. If they don't want to make it available they don't have to. If people use it for their own videos they still need the permission of the copyright holder. By making these videos available to people Youtube are helping to break the artists copyright hence the reason they have had to remove the videos.
Reply 10
donuticus
It is their song though. If they don't want to make it available they don't have to. If people use it for their own videos they still need the permission of the copyright holder. By making these videos available to people Youtube are helping to break the artists copyright hence the reason they have had to remove the videos.

They aren't artists if they don't let people hear their music. A doctor isn't a doctor if s/he doesn't treat me.

Simple as really!

The whole point of copyright is to protect the income from their songs. But if they do not intend to let their songs be heard or make money. Then why bother with copyright! Who makes art only to be locked away for nobody to see or hear?!
Tonic
They aren't artists if they don't let people hear their music. A doctor isn't a doctor if s/he doesn't treat me.

Simple as really!

The whole point of copyright is to protect the income from their songs. But if they do not intend to let their songs be heard or make money. Then why bother with copyright! Who makes art only to be locked away for nobody to see or hear?!

What is simple is that the music they have copyrighted belongs to them and them alone. If they choose not to release and they are under no obligation too, then that is their business. You do not have the right to broadcast/use their property without their consent.

It would be like me stealing a car from your garage just because you didn't wish to drive it any more. Just because you aren't using it doesn't mean I have the right to take it from you simply because I want too.
Reply 12
donuticus
What is simple is that the music they have copyrighted belongs to them and them alone. If they choose not to release and they are under no obligation too, then that is their business. You do not have the right to broadcast/use their property without their consent.

It would be like me stealing a car from your garage just because you didn't wish to drive it any more. Just because you aren't using it doesn't mean I have the right to take it from you simply because I want too.

How does that example even fit into the is being said?! Please tell me how stealing a car is the same to listening to a song you don't own? You quite clearly aren't listening to the argument at all.

If you steal a car that I own. I can not use that car. If you listen to a song that I own the copy rights too which I've not been bothered to release then I can be losing out.

I don't see why people can not simply LISTEN to music which has not been released. I am not talking about stealing any of the income made from that music....PLEASE LISTEN TO THE ARGUMENT YOU MORON!
This thread is stupid.
I posted a vid once of a fat man wobbling his belly. I had found it on a funny video site ages ago. So I decided to upload it.
A few weeks later I got a message from someone saying it was them and basically telling me to take it down and basically threating me and stuff, acting all keyboard warrior like.

So because of the tone of his message I ignored him.
Then he reported it and youtube took it down.

Such is life.
I don't know to this day whether it really was him or whether he was just being a dick, but still.

I wouldn't say it really bothers me though.
Tonic
How does that example even fit into the is being said?! Please tell me how stealing a car is the same to listening to a song you don't own? You quite clearly aren't listening to the argument at all.

If you steal a car that I own. I can not use that car. If you listen to a song that I own the copy rights too which I've not been bothered to release then I can be losing out.

I don't see why people can not simply LISTEN to music which has not been released. I am not talking about stealing any of the income made from that music....PLEASE LISTEN TO THE ARGUMENT YOU MORON!

The point is if the music is on Youtube but hasn't been put there with the copyright holders permission it is a breach of that artists copyright and for Youtube to allow people access to that via their website they are complicit in the act of copyright theft.

Fair point stealing the car is a poor analogy but if I wanted to use it or borrow it I would still need your permission. Whether I intend to stop you from using that car permanently is immaterial it is yours therefore if I want to do anyhing with it I need your permission.
Reply 16
Youtube are really getting annoying for removing videos which are to do with music videos or anything like that is like girls modelling swimsuits etc and they have been removed because violation of terms which I don't get how that can be a violation?
Reply 17
I don't mind that they remove videos so much, what's really annoying is some of them, they just remove the sound. So the video is still up, just its mute.
Reply 18
Kernel
I don't mind that they remove videos so much, what's really annoying is some of them, they just remove the sound. So the video is still up, just its mute.

yeah that is annoying
I more pissed that MarloweDK was banned. He was the best bass player on Youtube. :angry:

Latest

Trending

Trending