The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Summer lovin
yea, why would i lie about that?

Hmmm lemme see, maybe because you're sad?

I don't see why a busy admissions tutor would have the time to inform students that they were in the top 10 applicants when the students are not even at their university yet and might not even put them down as firm. What use would it be to the admissions tutor to tell you?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Coca-Cola
Hmmm lemme see, maybe because you're sad?

I don't see why a busy admissions tutor would have the time to inform students that they were in the top 10 applicants when the students are not even at their university yet and might not even put them down as firm. Would use would it be to the admissions tutor to tell you?

This is a very good point.

OP, by telling you this, you may be inclined to firm a higher university if you picked one - remember uni's can't see your choices until you decide firm and insurance on UCAS. Saying you're in the Top 10 could potentially be a disastrous thing to say.
Reply 22
Pink Liquid
LOL...whoever said KCL was crap, apparently, Tony Blair's daughter is studying Law there atm.

and...?
Pink Liquid
LOL...whoever said KCL was crap, apparently, Tony Blair's daughter is studying Law there atm.

I don't think KCL sucks (it is, after all, a G6 uni...) but how does Tony Blair's daughter studying there make it a great uni? :rolleyes:

KCL students just shoot themselves in the foot.
necessarily benevolent
Why would I be jealous? I got into the better uni (University College) :yep:

I don't know. Do I? :s:

Why do you need to say stuff like that?
KCL is apparently quite high in the league tables around the world...I don't know...I don't even go there.

As for the Tony Blair's daughter comment...most people would have thought a prime minister's child would go to Oxbridge that's all. Still KCL is a very very good uni and the requirements are AAB+ mostle, so whoever said it was crap...
Reply 26
In the times good university guide KCL is number 11 which i think is pretty good!
Joy Division
I don't think KCL sucks (it is, after all, a G6 uni...) but how does Tony Blair's daughter studying there make it a great uni? :rolleyes:

KCL students just shoot themselves in the foot.

Isn't it G5?

I might be mistaken. :confused:
Reply 28
Jasper.Paterson
Isn't it G5?

well.. actually KCL is not in the G5...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G5_(British_Universities)
Mrxela
well.. actually KCL is not in the G5...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G5_(British_Universities):o:

I meant the term 'G5', not KCL actually being included in G5.
necessarily benevolent
Why would I be jealous? I got into the better uni (University College) :yep:

Yeah but KCL is better than UCL for History. So nah.
Reply 31
I got into both UCL and KCL and chose KCL because they have a better history department. Sadly, I was not informed that I was a top 10 applicant at either place.
Jasper.Paterson
Isn't it G5?

It's a joke, there used to be a user called WOLLSMOTH who wanted to go to KCL because it was part of the 'G6 unis'...

Latest