The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh mate if its between glasgow and manchester....absolutely no doubt glasgow!!! and im not being biased, because ive experienced both and have ALOT of friends at manchester.

Glasgow is amazing both academically and for the social life!
the social life is what u want to be concentrating on coz lets face it, ur going to get a good education wherever you are!
in glasgow we have TWO unions, both of which CONSTATLY have events on (and they are events which go on at 10 hours at a time so you never leave unsatisfied :smile: ) our campus is great! its in such a good location, the west end. there is a place called ashton lane which is pull of pubs, bars, a cinema, restaurants and stuff where students all hang out!! its soooo much cheaper than manchester (for both accomodation and food/drinks) apart from the west end, youve got the city (which is 3 min bus journey from west end) and that is FULLL of stuff to do!

shopping is absolutely grand :smile: as a confessed shopaholic i could not complain.
and everyones really friendly :smile: also the culture like a mentioned is so nice! you've got stirling castle (with the wallace monument) and edinburgh castle and loch lomond (which all the students go for pic-nics and camping in the summer) not to mention random bag pipers in the city to keep u reminded of where you are!!

i absolutely love it here, been here for 11 years now and would not change it for the world!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
RNBen
From town to my house it costs about £1.50 on the bus, so still quite cheap.

That has to be Stagecoach. Use Finglands - its much cheaper.
Reply 22
IndiePixie
That has to be Stagecoach. Use Finglands - its much cheaper.

They don't run a direct service between town and my house. I live about 20 mins outside of the city centre.
sweetstar91
i realise people do say that its in a good area.. but i personally didn't feel completely safe walking around, that's all.

What??

It's like, a big open street with thousands of friendly-looking students walking around? :p:

I didn't really get to see all that much, it did feel like a more compact and personal version of London, with some very nice buildings and areas, but also some not very nice ones if you walk for a few minutes, but anywhere is like that really.

My dad went to university there and took me around the city as well, all seemed very nice, like there was plenty to explore but not too much to get lost in or never feel familiar with
sweetstar91
i realise people do say that its in a good area.. but i personally didn't feel completely safe walking around, that's all.

Homestly, you'll be fine! It's all in the mind. If I haven't been mugged, no one will! :awesome:
Reply 25
im really looking forward to going for a refreshing swim at the aquatics centre in the morning before lectures/pbl

anyone know what sorta deals the aqautics centre has? or a contact number
Reply 26
bean87
im really looking forward to going for a refreshing swim at the aquatics centre in the morning before lectures/pbl

anyone know what sorta deals the aqautics centre has? or a contact number

They have annual memberships contracts and also student & academic staff membership special offers that are offered at the start of the academic year and each new year. Or you can just pay as you go. The contracts are good as there is no penalty if you cancel - so if you find you aren't using it you can just cancel your direct debit. Their phone number is: 0161 275 9450
Reply 27
JCM89
They have annual memberships contracts and also student & academic staff membership special offers that are offered at the start of the academic year and each new year. Or you can just pay as you go. The contracts are good as there is no penalty if you cancel - so if you find you aren't using it you can just cancel your direct debit. Their phone number is: 0161 275 9450

awesome, cheers for the info bud

Latest

Trending

Trending