The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's my first choice. I'm doing Chemical Engineering btw.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
I have applied here ! I'm more scared about getting the grades first tho !

My firm is French and Portuguese and my insurance is French studies.

Where is everyone coming from?
MOIIOM
I have applied here ! I'm more scared about getting the grades first tho !

My firm is French and Portuguese and my insurance is French studies.

Where is everyone coming from?

Me too! I just hope I can get in!
Ooh sounds good, I was never any good at French, I was always better at German!
I'm coming from Cambridge, how about you?
i really want to join a band or just make music with people at uni but i'm not doing a music course! which halls do you think would be best for this? i've heard devonshire is very musical but i've also heard that the people who go there are a bit stuck up :Z
Reply 24
Pumpkin_Howie
i really want to join a band or just make music with people at uni but i'm not doing a music course! which halls do you think would be best for this? i've heard devonshire is very musical but i've also heard that the people who go there are a bit stuck up :Z

Devonshire is good for that, but it is probably the most popular, bar oxley.
Reply 25
Chloe-Marie
Me too! I just hope I can get in!
Ooh sounds good, I was never any good at French, I was always better at German!
I'm coming from Cambridge, how about you?

Im coming from Liverpool. Ahah. I love Cambridge my dad lives not so far away towards stansted and I get the coach to Cambridge very niceeeeeee.

What A levels you doing? what is your offer?
Reply 26
Pumpkin_Howie

Ive stayed over in Devonshire and yeh the majority are stuck up and they are very pissy with people having more than three people round and making the slightest bit of noise.
MOIIOM
Im coming from Liverpool. Ahah. I love Cambridge my dad lives not so far away towards stansted and I get the coach to Cambridge very niceeeeeee.

What A levels you doing? what is your offer?

Ahh cool! :biggrin: You know Cambridge then! Have you ever got run over by any cyclists when you've come here? :p: Haha!

Liverpool? Awesome! I love Liverpool (not just the football club :wink:), the accent is amazing! :p: I did look at Liverpool Uni, but I didn't like the course!

I'm doing ICT, Geography and Business!!
My offer is BBB for New Media, and I'm on ABC at the moment, so I'm praying that C goes up, or I'm screwed!! If tomorrow goes well, I'll be happy.. if not. :frown:

Whats your offer?
Reply 28
Chloe-Marie
Ahh cool! :biggrin: You know Cambridge then! Have you ever got run over by any cyclists when you've come here? :p: Haha!

Liverpool? Awesome! I love Liverpool (not just the football club :wink:), the accent is amazing! :p: I did look at Liverpool Uni, but I didn't like the course!

I'm doing ICT, Geography and Business!!
My offer is BBB for New Media, and I'm on ABC at the moment, so I'm praying that C goes up, or I'm screwed!! If tomorrow goes well, I'll be happy.. if not. :frown:

Whats your offer?

Mine is ABB and I am on ABC too.. I am terrified. I would have loved to have stayed in Liverpool uni but I really want to move away. Where have you been in Liverpool?

I havnt been hit my cyclists, its like amsterdam out there though !!!
All my exams where over today ! Thank god!
You should be fine with an ABC im hoping theyll let me in with it.
Im doing French, Sociology and English lit right now. Well im not muahahahah
MOIIOM
Mine is ABB and I am on ABC too.. I am terrified. I would have loved to have stayed in Liverpool uni but I really want to move away. Where have you been in Liverpool?

I havnt been hit my cyclists, its like amsterdam out there though !!!
All my exams where over today ! Thank god!
You should be fine with an ABC im hoping theyll let me in with it.
Im doing French, Sociology and English lit right now. Well im not muahahahah

Ahh yeah, I'm really worried too! :frown: They should let us in though, as long as we have a good personal statement and stuff, so fingers crossed for the both of us!

Lucky thing, already finished exams! I've got my major exam tomorrow.. which will determine if I get a B or not... and my last exam on Wednesday, I can't wait! :biggrin: I'm already dreading results though, it'll always be in the back of my mind until I know where I'm going!!

Where have I been in Liverpool... umm, I've been to Crosby, and to Anfield to watch Liverpool play, and had a look round the shops in the city centre, and obviously to Liverpool University! I just love it in Liverpool really! :biggrin: It's all about the accent! :love: Hehe!
I have a similar question. I applies to James Bailey, and I am a producer. It is my job, and I hope people aren't going to get upset with me recording music most days hehe
JBP is my first choice too!
French and Italian B 2009, can't wait...I asked a current student and he told me to go for this place, the idea of a lounge-type area sounds really cool...but I will invest in a doorstop for my first few weeks at uni anyway :smile:
dlcrutchfield

Woo! JBP rocks.. well, it will when us 2009'ers go there! :biggrin:
Ooh, I see your from Stevenage! :p:
Reply 33
So how does eveyone who's applying to JBP think their exams went?
Yeah, quite a way from leeds, but not so far from cambridge like you! :smile: what course are you on?
dlcrutchfield
Yeah, quite a way from leeds, but not so far from cambridge like you! :smile: what course are you on?

Yup! We shall be A1'ing it up to Leeds (hopefully! :p:)
I'm doing New Media, how about you?

Jtt16

I think most of my exams went okay, but not feeling too good about my Geography exams though! :frown: Just hoping I get in, I'd hate to go anywhere else!
Jtt16

They went good, especially english literature, we had been hoping for a question on Ophelia for half the year!

Chloe-Marie
New Media, you?

French and italian :P
dlcrutchfield

French and italian :P

Oh yeah, dur. You said it in a post further up, sorry blonde moment! :p:
Ooh, French, I was never any good at that. German all the way! :biggrin:
Reply 38
dlcrutchfield
French and Italian B 2009, can't wait...I asked a current student and he told me to go for this place, the idea of a lounge-type area sounds really cool...but I will invest in a doorstop for my first few weeks at uni anyway :smile:

Heyyyyy im going here and doing French and Portuguese. Where you coming from?
mini_quinney
Hey - does anyone know when we find out about accommodation?xx

Yup :p:

Assuming you applied before the 1 July deadline:
Between 15 July and 1 August if you are going to be an undergraduate who has an unconditional offer or whose offer turned unconditional before about 6 July.
Between the Monday after A level results day and 11 September (although in practice most people will hear before about 4 September) if you are going to be an undergraduate whose offer turned unconditional after about 6 July.
Between 1 September and 16 September if you're coming through clearing.
Any time after next week if you are an international postgraduate.

And if you didn't apply before 1 July deadline - between 1 and 16 September.

Latest