The Student Room Group

Alcohol prices in London

I am going to London this weekend along with some friends. Our meet ups usually involve going out and drinking ( lots, lol). What prices are we likely to be paying for drinks in pubs/clubs. I assume its going to be an expensive weekend!. We are staying in Camden if that makes any difference. Replies appreciated, thanks.:smile:
Reply 1
it's ridiculous, 9quid for a double vodka and coke in Fabric, i nearly **** myself. Camden drink prices will be slightly cheaper, but not by much, 4/5 quid a pint
Reply 2
If you're staying in Camden, try Bar Fifty Five on Friday night - between 6 and 8 it's two for one cocktails there. Generally at the weekend in clubs the drinks will be quite pricey.
Reply 3
If you're staying in bars and pubs you'll be paying £3.50-£4 a pint, similar for a single and mixer. If you go to clubs or late bars you'll end up paying more. What kind of night are you looking for?
Reply 4
rscully
If you're staying in bars and pubs you'll be paying £3.50-£4 a pint, similar for a single and mixer. If you go to clubs or late bars you'll end up paying more. What kind of night are you looking for?

I suppose we will begin in the pubs and maybe end up in a club. But as long as theres loads of drink, dancing and fun times , none of us will actually mind :biggrin:
Reply 5
Sounds like Camden is the right place then. If you're out early enough you might even find some decent deals. There is a Weatherspoons at the Lock which is cheap and nice to sit outside when the weather is good.

Also, Annie Mac is at Koko this weekend so that might be worth a visit.
Reply 6
Pubs arent that expensive. £3 for a pint usually.

Clubs are ridiculous.
That's nice
Reply 8
Look out for happy hours - there are plenty (B@1, Simmons, Dirty Martini etc)

Pubs such as Wetherspoons and Sam Smiths are cheap.

Try and pre-drink before clubs as they are a little pricey.

Camden is pretty easy to get to so you could always venture out a bit from there (Drink Shop Do near Kings Cross is decent for an alternative night)

Quick Reply

Latest