The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My mum called me a swine earlier, does that mean I'm going to contract it?
Reply 21
paddyman4
I'm sure Dettol will claim their kitchen spray can kill it, so I'd go buys ome of that

To be fair Dettol probably will be able to kill it.

I wouldn't stay at uni at any rate. Halls and lectures aren't good places when there's a pandemic on. And home is pretty isolated with plenty of stuff, I bet we could be self sufficient for a few weeks if it got really bad.
My OCD would probably develop from the minor irritation that it now is to full blown mania. I'd probably spend the vast majority of the day washing my hands.
Reply 23
I'd sit, and i'd wait.
This story has made me feel so paranoid... i have a cold!!
Reply 26
Trigger
Move out of Mexico

To escape a global virus? I guess there would be less concentration of people elsewhere.
Reply 27
as i live in catered residences where i have to go outside to get any food, i would live off of the water in my bathroom and one orange.....i'd be kind of screwed!

actually i would probably be a geek and revise the immune system and what would be happening in all these people's bodies before i died of it myself
Reply 28
edited - thanks acalia.
Reply 29
dbmag9
On a note of realism, it's unlikely for a virus to spread as quickly as the common cold and still be fatal; the cold spreads so well *because* it's not fatal, and carriers can still go around spreading it.

But I'd probably stay at home and be careful.

well, not really. this fatal virus could have an infectious but symptom free period.
As soon as I hear of it, I would drive straight down to a shopping centre, max out one my credit cards on DVDs/Games, then run over to Waitrose and stock up on A LOT of sustainable food (and thus draining a savings account...), then I would go home, invite immediate family around and wait it out...:biggrin:
Reply 31
Linweth
:yep: Chris Redfield is a babe... it's quite sad how I can be attracted to a video game character, lol. :wink:

He is. Although it is Wesker that gets me wet.
switch on the xbox and let the achievements role in.

*being lazy gets me nothing but achievement points*
Reply 33
Have one, massive Skins style part.
Reply 34
Board myself in my town house with a dog called Sam, and work furiously in a lab to save the world (in between watching Shrek DVDs).
Reply 35
Straight on to TSR to ask what to do.

All lifes dilemmas are sorted in this way:yep:
Reply 36
I'd take the first flight to the Caribbean. I'd then rob a few supermarkets, plus a boat, and sail to a deserted island. I'd take a load of guns with me, to threaten any passers by.

That or I'd fly to the Himalayas, so cold up there things won't spread so well, and there are large areas which are pretty remote.

EDIT: I'd take my family with me, but only my inner family, not all those uncles & aunts.
Invest in a large sound system and play Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" from my window non-stop. At least if I die from the virus, part of the world will have received my contribution.

*RUN TOOOOO THEEE HIIIIILLLLLS, RUN FOOOOR YOUR LI-I-I-IVES!*
I wouldn't do anything, it's media hype, as usual - when the whole world was going through Birdflumania a few years ago, everyone was going on how H5N1 would kill 750'000 people in this country. All we got in the end was a couple of dead swans and a sick parrot.
Reply 39
Buy stocks in ALL the major pharmaceutical and medical firms!

Latest

Trending

Trending