The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tammy_girl
local study was fun for me :smile: it was where i lived so i ran off and went home during the middle of the site visit :biggrin: hehe xoxo

Sounds fun :smile:
it was good yeah except loads of my friends are from town so we had to sneak them back into town by the time we should have left school.... a mission in its own right :wink: xoxo
Reply 22
tammy_girl
it was good yeah except loads of my friends are from town so we had to sneak them back into town by the time we should have left school.... a mission in its own right :wink: xoxo

My teachers would have a fit if i tried that. :smile:
lol teachers couldnt really do anything....i know all the little 'back roads' of where i live all my teachers are from town...quite funny them trying to catch us :biggrin: xoxo
Reply 24
I am just paranoid so have to revise!
*Bethany*
I'm not doing GCSEs... but am hijacking :p: Am feeling a severe lack of motivation towards AS revision... Am currently too wrapped up in panicking about History c/w :frown: Well it's sent off April 30th so I'll still have nearly 3 weeks 2 revise French and English, then a week to do law, then a week to do history. Luckily my exams are beautifully spaced out.

I wouldn't worry- everyone gets lapses in motivation sometimes. You can't keep it up the entire time, at certain points your brain gets knackered and you just need a break. It sounds as if you're well on track all the same; instead of worrying about lack of motivation, take some time to totally de-stress, have a day of total relaxation then restart refreshed :smile:

:hello: I know what you mean. I'm having a serious can't be bothered day today, plus I'm tired, which doesn't help. I've done 2.5 hours though, which is better than nothing, and yesterday I did 4.5 hours as well as an hour of French oral practice at school. Oh well, I still have tomorrow before going back to school on Monday. Unlike you, my exams are not beautifully spaced out; I have the French oral first, then a week until my first English, but after that I have my second English, both sociology and both French spread over 3 days! Then I have about a week and a half until history.
Reply 26
I seem to be tired all the time, and get frustrated that I don't know/can't revise History/English very well!
Reply 27
I actually got into gear and started revising this week. While I did some revision in the Easter holidays, it wasn't as much as I had planned and I had some difficulty starting again. It just felt like I always had homework to do and when I didn't have homework, I just wanted to relax. However, this week things eased off and I started science revision and prepared for a German test. Some of my subject teachers have set us tests so that is really helping motivate me!

I haven't done any revision since Thursday but I'm going to catch up on all my homework tomorrow, do some French and German work (my orals are close and I'm getting scared) and tackle history because it is worrying me as I think I have LOTS to learn. It's definitely my "biggest" subject.

I'm thinking of buying English literature revision guides from Amazon. Any particular "brand" I should look for?

Nicki, I can totally sympathise with being too tired to revise. I'm only just overcoming my bout of tiredness and getting some work down. I could still do with more energy though!
Lottie
I actually got into gear and started revising this week. While I did some revision in the Easter holidays, it wasn't as much as I had planned and I had some difficulty starting again. It just felt like I always had homework to do and when I didn't have homework, I just wanted to relax. However, this week things eased off and I started science revision and prepared for a German test. Some of my subject teachers have set us tests so that is really helping motivate me!

I haven't done any revision since Thursday but I'm going to catch up on all my homework tomorrow, do some French and German work (my orals are close and I'm getting scared) and tackle history because it is worrying me as I think I have LOTS to learn. It's definitely my "biggest" subject.

I'm thinking of buying English literature revision guides from Amazon. Any particular "brand" I should look for?

Nicki, I can totally sympathise with being too tired to revise. I'm only just overcoming my bout of tiredness and getting some work down. I could still do with more energy though!

which area of history are you studying at the moment... I would be more inclined to use my own notes and teachers notes for English Literature best revision tool is annotation learn that all off and any little notes you may think of for the particular poem/story thats all i can suggest you can try CGP or Letts revision guides they are pretty good and good luck xoxo
Reply 29
Although I am good at History, I am finding it very hard to revise and panic when I see the questions :frown:. I can't revise today, we'll be out all day.
NickiM
Although I am good at History, I am finding it very hard to revise and panic when I see the questions :frown:. I can't revise today, we'll be out all day.

Calm down Nicki seriously.... just read your text books its the best advice i can give... but dont stress out over them if you wish you can repeat if you dont get the grades you need but good luck and hopefully things will settle down for you!! xoxo
Vivianna
So how are the AS levels going :smile: What's law coursework like?

We don't do any c/w for Law (AQA); just 3 modules, have already done one in Jan but the 2 hardest ones are still to come :frown:

Apart from practice law essays, I've *still* done no revision... really need to get my ass in gear i guess :wink:
kellywood_5
:hello: I know what you mean. I'm having a serious can't be bothered day today, plus I'm tired, which doesn't help. I've done 2.5 hours though, which is better than nothing, and yesterday I did 4.5 hours as well as an hour of French oral practice at school. Oh well, I still have tomorrow before going back to school on Monday. Unlike you, my exams are not beautifully spaced out; I have the French oral first, then a week until my first English, but after that I have my second English, both sociology and both French spread over 3 days! Then I have about a week and a half until history.

Poor you :frown: Tis pure luck o' the draw with the spacing, and for once I got lucky.

What exam board are you doing for history again?

I just can't motivate myself at all. Hopefully I'll be able to start on April 30th when my history c/w goes off, which should give me *just* enough time :smile:
Reply 33
tammy_girl
Calm down Nicki seriously.... just read your text books its the best advice i can give... but dont stress out over them if you wish you can repeat if you dont get the grades you need but good luck and hopefully things will settle down for you!! xoxo

I do worry a lot. I will ask advice from my teacher on Tuesday.
*Bethany*
Poor you :frown: Tis pure luck o' the draw with the spacing, and for once I got lucky.

What exam board are you doing for history again?

I just can't motivate myself at all. Hopefully I'll be able to start on April 30th when my history c/w goes off, which should give me *just* enough time :smile:

I'm with Edexcel for history, as well as French and English lit. The history exams are both 8th June, English are 19th and 24th of May and French are 26th of May.
kellywood_5
I'm with Edexcel for history, as well as French and English lit. The history exams are both 8th June, English are 19th and 24th of May and French are 26th of May.

I do AQA history my dates are the 9th and 21st of june.... xoxo
Reply 36
I haven't started revising yet. :frown: I'm starting to panic. :frown:
Mishael
I haven't started revising yet. :frown: I'm starting to panic. :frown:

thats the worst thing ya can do is panic.... seriously as i have said in another thread do the best you can and dont revise yourself sick for an A* grade... no point in it to be honest.... xoxo
Reply 38
All i've done today is finish my chemistry coursework, my French hwk and nothing else. I've got my French Oral on the 10th, should be revising, not to mention all my maths :eek:
Reply 39
.... seriously as i have said in another thread do the best you can and dont revise yourself sick for an A* grade... no point in it to be honest.... xoxo

No! Do revise yourself sick for an A* grade - it's the only way to get it!! Lol. I have high standards. But yeah, if you're not really that arsed about getting one...

Just do the best you can, as tammy_girl says.

Latest