The Student Room Group

subway £3.80 for a 6 inch sandwich!

bit of a rip off aint it! its not like they are bursting full of ingredients, even if you say yes to everything they offer. i ordered a chicken tikka, it conttained chicken tikka, bit of that plastic- like cheese, lettuce, cucumber and mayanaize.

3 pound 80 is abit much just for a sadnwich isnt it?? how much does a 12 inch cost?

Scroll to see replies

yeah I agree
Reply 2
:/

If you get the sub of the day here, it's £1.99, £2.99 for the sub of the day meal (with drink + cookie/crisps)
Reply 3
sub of the day £2.00
Well I went in the other day and bought a Veggie Delight 6inch one was only £1.99. Some of the prices are ridiculous as they are trying to promote healthy eating. Im guessing its gonna be at least £5.99. Go to Greggs way better and healthier than Subway.
Reply 5
It is a complete rip off. I've only been to subway once and that was Christmas time. £4 for a tiny sandwhich? They can bugger off.

Give me Greggs any day of the week. Or even my local bakers over Greggs. £1.60 or a tub of Tuna mayonnaise and two baguettes. Bargain.
Reply 6
I thought it was only £3.00 for a six inch? Either way it's a little bit much, especially since I'm a pretty fussy eater and don't like much salad. >.<
Reply 7
Yeah it's overpriced. :pierre:
Food is never cheap in central london.
Reply 9
its way cheaper in northern ireland i think, totally addicted to the subway melt no salad just sweet chilli sauce mmmm subway
Reply 10
shhh, subway is barrrd
Reply 11
Best to go get a Chicken salad sandwich from the co-op for £2.
Reply 12
Yeah it is a bit of a rip off.
A 12 inch alone is like £6, when you could get sandwiches, crisps, a drink and a pain au chocolat or something from Greggs for like £3.90.
Sub of the day is cheap, rest are overpriced
ILoveOrangeJuice
Well I went in the other day and bought a Veggie Delight 6inch one was only £1.99. Some of the prices are ridiculous as they are trying to promote healthy eating. Im guessing its gonna be at least £5.99. Go to Greggs way better and healthier than Subway.

Im all for Greggs, its a fantastic (and north-east based :biggrin: ) bakery. But healthy it is not :p:
Reply 15
jokers
Reply 16
A footlong is £1.50 on top of the price of any 6 inch.

If you manage yourself a little better you'll be able to get a good cheap sandwich.

For example, there is a "Sub Of the day" every day that is only ever £1.99 - Tuesdays are especially good value as the sub of the day is Meatball, packed with meaty goodness!

Subway now also has "Sub of the Month" which is always £1.79

All the extra Veg and salads etrc are free, theres no charge for what you have other than the sandwich you select. The only thing that outs price on the sandwich is if you say yes when they ask "Extra cheese" That puts it up by 20p for a 6 inch and 40p for a footlong.

No i dont work for Subway nor am i on commission, i just really ike the sandwiches!
i never go unless i have vouchers!

not because i think it's massively expensive, i'm just stingy...
Its well worth it in my opinion.
Its rubbish - I go to a local deli and get an average-sized baguette with as much as I want in it for £2.20, and the chicken and other meat they use are REAL and FRESH. Much much nicer and much better value

Latest