The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends if you're doing the same one as me or not, but I would say it was easier. Different people are better at different types of work, normally I'm an exams kinda guy, but I loved this coursework.
If you're doing history for A2, I'll assume it's because you really enjoy it, and find it interesting. And considering this you should be the same, as you can just do it on ANY topic you choose. Therefore I'd really recommend, like I did, to do it on a subject you know a lot about and find really interesting. I did this and my Teacher said I got nearly full marks on my first draft, with just one or two things I need to verify.
Also, you can change your question whenever you like, so I'd also suggest giving yourself a general brief to write to, and then writing the quesion so that your essay answers that question specifically. Otherwise you could loose marks for not completely answering the question.
Reply 2
Any topic?
Reply 3
Any topic? Huh?
Reply 4
if its the same coursework as me (or individual project as its called), you have the option of choosing your question. you need to have a question that requires debate (such as "to what extent") as opposed to giving a narration of an event. i'm also restricted to events that occured before 1970.

i'm doing mine on whether the US was justified in dropping the atomic bombs on japan during WW2.
Reply 5
Palmski
if its the same coursework as me (or individual project as its called), you have the option of choosing your question. you need to have a question that requires debate (such as "to what extent") as opposed to giving a narration of an event. i'm also restricted to events that occured before 1970.

i'm doing mine on whether the US was justified in dropping the atomic bombs on japan during WW2.

Mine is similar to yours.
My question is To What Extent was the Idea of 'Lebensraum' the Main War Aim of Hitler's Military Conquest?
Reply 6
Can you do any topic you wish? Say the civil-war or the history of hunting in the UK.
Some boards restrict you a little more though - my AQA piece next year has to be on "change in a century".
Reply 8
Mine, which is OCR, can literally be on anything. So yes, the Civil War is fine :smile: it had restrictions as to the dates, but it was something extremely early, and random, (like 789AD) up to about 1970, possibly later.
Although, my teacher did advise not to do it on anything like the Kennedy Assassination or things similar to that (I can't think of the word) to do with cover ups or whatever as this isn't something examiners really like. For whatever reason. So yes the Civil War is fine :smile: so long as it's a debate over something which you can come to a definite conclusion, and make very clear your view and why it is that.

Latest