The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What???? I didn't start this as a new thread... sometechnical bull is going on....
Anonymous
When i went to get a lump inspected 6 months ago, it was about a week from GP referral to getting an appointment letter and then a week and a half till the appointment. the GP had said it would be about 4-5 weeks in total though so i think they mustn't have had that many referrals to get me in so quickly.

good luck, hopefully it will be fine like mine was :smile:

:yep:
good luck :p:
Elles
As in non-cancer? Definitely - lots of causes of them!
E.g.
- Fibroadenomas = benign growth of tissue, pretty common in young women
- Lipoma = fatty growth, can occur in places other than the breast
- Fat necrosis = possibly due to trauma like under-wired bras/seat belts
- Fibrocystic disease = although often lumpy area rather than just one and middle aged women

& in the vast vast vast majority of young women it won't be cancer but best to examine yourself & get checked out anyway.

I would recommend the Patient UK - Leaflet on Breast Lumps

Hey, I don't know how much you know about it or anything, but I've got some really really tiny lumps on my nipples and I don't know whether they're just Fibroadenomas as you mentioned?

Anyone have any idea? My mum's got some cysts in her breasts but they're harmless I think, but I know that kind of thing is hereditary.

Thank you! :smile:
Anonymous
Hey, I don't know how much you know about it or anything, but I've got some really really tiny lumps on my nipples and I don't know whether they're just Fibroadenomas as you mentioned?

Anyone have any idea? My mum's got some cysts in her breasts but they're harmless I think, but I know that kind of thing is hereditary.

Thank you! :smile:

They're these.

And they're perfectly normal :yep:
Antimatter
They're these.

And they're perfectly normal :yep:

Thank you so much! I'd been Googling for a while with no luck so that was really helpful :smile:

Latest