The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Your honest opinion :)

Hi students of economics course :smile:

I have a conditional offer from Leicester university, I don't know if I will choose it as mu firm choise or not. Who are taking this course, what do you think of economics at Leicester? Do you like it, how are the lecturers, are the exams and course works OK?

Reply 1
Hi there!

I'm an Economics and Law student which means I have a straight 50/50 split so I take roughly half the modules you'll be taking. The lecturers so far (I'm a first year) for the core modules like macro and micro have been pretty good, the lectures are clear and everythings well set out online so you know which lecture is when, when work is due (Not much of it...) etc. Modules in your first year vary depending on whether you're a BA or BSc student, the BSc students get all the nice and hard maths modules whereas the BA students get roughly A-Level maths standard stuff. I've been a bit vague but if you wanna know more specific stuff feel free to ask.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
My housemate does BA Economics (3rd year) and he complains about the poor teaching, a lot. For your dissertation you're allocated a maximum of 2hours to discuss what you're doing, how you're going to do it, criticism of draft etc..

Latest

Trending

Trending