The Student Room Group

For the Girls - Toning, Diet and Excercise a very basic guide - Please read!!

Scroll to see replies

How to stop eating all the Junk my mum buys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 921
Original post by gabisargent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't put it in your mouth.
Original post by Piggsil
Don't put it in your mouth.

Most unhelpful answer hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 923
Most unhelpful answer hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not really though. The way to stop eating junk is to literally just stop eating it. Say no. Eat food that is more nutritionally balanced instead.
Original post by Piggsil
It's not really though. The way to stop eating junk is to literally just stop eating it. Say no. Eat food that is more nutritionally balanced instead.

Yeah I guess that is true, what are other things I can eat that can replace biscuits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 925
Yeah I guess that is true, what are other things I can eat that can replace biscuits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rice cakes which taste like crap. But if you put low fat houmous with them theyre not that bad. To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start eating properly and that's one of the reasons why my weight is so fluctuant. Currently 9 stones and a bit, would love to be 7 and a half stones with a more toned stomach and thigh, bum and leg area even though the guy at the start said being toned is bad. I just want a tighter body but I really don't have the discipline to eat properly and work out every day
Original post by fictive
Rice cakes which taste like crap. But if you put low fat houmous with them theyre not that bad. To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start eating properly and that's one of the reasons why my weight is so fluctuant. Currently 9 stones and a bit, would love to be 7 and a half stones with a more toned stomach and thigh, bum and leg area even though the guy at the start said being toned is bad. I just want a tighter body but I really don't have the discipline to eat properly and work out every day

That's literally my problem!!! And weight !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
That's literally my problem!!! And weight !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. I really can't be bothered because I don't view it to be that important. I mean there's no real motivation which is really bad. I know I need to start viewing exercise as a thing I'm doing for myself... rather than to look better which just doesn't motivate me at all
Original post by fictive
Haha. I really can't be bothered because I don't view it to be that important. I mean there's no real motivation which is really bad. I know I need to start viewing exercise as a thing I'm doing for myself... rather than to look better which just doesn't motivate me at all

i actually quite enjoy to swim, play handball,do zumba and running i just dont have the time/money/motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I have this problem too! Every time I ask mum to get healthy snacks she comes back with cakes and biscuits! Very hard to resist.. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just don't snack. Snacking is the devil.
Original post by Flobie
Haha I have this problem too! Every time I ask mum to get healthy snacks she comes back with cakes and biscuits! Very hard to resist.. :tongue:

That's exactly what happens with me 80% unhealthy 20% healthy stuff:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redferry
Just don't snack. Snacking is the devil.

My mum would think I'm relapsing in my eating disorder behaviours if I don't snack, plus I know it's healthy to eat every 3hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum would think I'm relapsing in my eating disorder behaviours if I don't snack, plus I know it's healthy to eat every 3hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well have small meals rather than snack food. Processed food you don't cook from scratch yourself just isn't good in my experience.
That's exactly what happens with me 80% unhealthy 20% healthy stuff:/
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar boat, the second I ask for rice cakes or veggies or some fruit, the automatic response is "WHAT?! ARE YOU DIETING?!" No! It's called 'eating healthily' :tongue:
Reply 935
Maintain healthy diet plan with some minimal exercises like cycling, swimming and walking. It's enough to maintain a healthy body.
Subscribed :ninja:
Reply 937
Just have a mixture - maybe 1 'treat' snack a day e.g. Couple of biscuits, slice of cake, and make other snacks fruit or milk or crudités and houmous or something. Snacking is healthy - perfect way is 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day as eating regularly ensures your metabolism doesn't slow down and also the ombré gaps you have, you hungrier you get and the more likely you are to binge.
Hey girls, what's your opinion on whey protein?
Original post by Flobie
Hey girls, what's your opinion on whey protein?

What's your opinion on eating chicken?:biggrin: Protein is protein, doesn't matter where you get it from. Whey protein is just a by product of the cheese-making process so you are just eating dairy.

Quick Reply

Latest