The Student Room Group

For the Girls - Toning, Diet and Excercise a very basic guide - Please read!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chronic_fatigue
What's your opinion on eating chicken?:biggrin: Protein is protein, doesn't matter where you get it from. Whey protein is just a by product of the cheese-making process so you are just eating dairy.

I'm a veggie and don't get much protein at school :tongue:
Really nice to see a decent health thread for women that isn't based on fad diets! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking for some help/advice :smile: I've just joined the gym and I've never (properly) been to the gym before, so I don't know what sort of stuff to do.

I'd say I'm a healthy weight and average size, I'm wanting to improve my general fitness and (I know everyone hates this word, but you know what I mean when I say it) "tone" my stomach area.

What kind of routine should I do at the gym? Please explain in simple terms, I'm a dummy :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

EDIT: I've heard of HIIT training, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 943
The most important is to have a good feeling of excercising. It is the best for me :smile:
It isn´t important to win but to take a part :biggrin: everyday :smile:

If you want to find friends to excercise I very often use this:
http://www.sportcentral.com/en/features/sportsmen
I am really skinny and have really thin arms. And I eat a lot of junk food and only have a small breakfast since I feel quite sick in the mornings. How can I improve my arms. I am trying to cut out the junk food. What training should I do?
Reply 945
very interesting :-)
Looking forward to a healthy 2015 hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest