The Student Room Group

A level Art Exam Final Piece 2009

Hello everyone. Well my exam is in about a weeks time and i am trying to sort out my ideas for my final piece. My exam topic is ' Subdued Lighing' however, i am struggling with options on what i can do for 15 hourse as my final piece ; in terms of Practicality and the availability of materials. So i was wandering, if anyone can help me work out what i can do for my final piece? Thank you
Reply 1
Do you mean "subdued lighting"? If so thats a tough one to have to do an exam on. Things that I think of when those words are put together are a neon sign thats a word with like one letter flickering, sunsets, looking down into the depths of the ocean, starlight, a candle, different coloured rooms e.g a red room or a green room where photos are developed.

Sorry if this is no help at all, especially as its your final peice im sure you'd feel more comfortable with an idea you've come up with yourself just keep mindmapping ideas till you've got one you like.
Reply 2
Is it for graphic design or Art?
maybe do some onscreen art, ive done alot of that for mine.
But try to use bright neon colours, maybe have a couple of iages overlapped?
Hope everything goes ok for you
good luck x x
Reply 3
Thank you for the suggestions....Well i have come across an idea where i am thinking of putting fluorescent lights side by side a painted piece. However the problem is that i dont know from where i can find lights which dont require wiring and all but can easily be used.....secondly, the lights used for homes....if i use those than i dont know how to do the wiring ....Anyone can help me on that please!? Thank you.
PS - exam's on the 13th so i still have a week to prepare for it :biggrin:
Reply 4
errrm
does it have to be real lights?
cos you could get some glow sticks and photograph them? set them up as a frame on computer using photshop or any other photo editting software and leave a black space for where your painted piece is going to be?

I have three 15 exams, and one 5 (N)
Mine start tomorrow, cant be bothered with it really aha x x
Reply 5
if ya still want the lights idea.
You can get those battery lights that ya push in to turn on. But they arent fluorescent.... hmmm.
Reply 6
Emzeh-patch
if ya still want the lights idea.
You can get those battery lights that ya push in to turn on. But they arent fluorescent.... hmmm.

I had an idea something to do with that...but my teacher didnt recommend it....it wouldnt work quite well........hmm....do you know any other alternatives which are safe and easy to use?
Reply 7
Errrm. Only glowsticks, which wont work as long for the examiner to mark it...
Candles?
I dont knowwww lol. Youve got a hard exam paper lol x

Latest