The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

American Student!!

SUP!! im an american student coming to study at Lancaster next year for the entire year! Im excited. So can you guys give me the low down on the colleges and how they are/what goes on there, uh the classes like how many times per week, and whats with the timetable for the classes? I have absolutely NO IDEA what that is. Oh by the way im a business major for any of you out there. Also i think im leaning towards cartmel, i just want to see what everyone thinks of the other colleges and stuff. So yea. Those are my questions. Feel free to add me on facebook.
Reply 1
All I can say is that I have made quite a few American friends who have been here for a year, and they have all loved it! Throw yourself into it, get involved in whatever interests you - the sports teams LOVE Americans because they are so much better at it than we are!
All the colleges are fine, I am in Cartmel and like it because it is nice and new and a bit quieter than the ones on main campus. If you are a really lively sociable type you might want to look at the colleges with older (cheaper) accommodation and more people sharing a kitchen, like Bowness or County.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Bowness...

Bowland?
Furness?
Reply 3
cuzza
Bowness...

Bowland?
Furness?

Bowland!
I can't get it right even after 3 years! I got into the habit of calling it Bowness before I even applied to the place, and I can't shake it off. A bit like some people and "Flyde"
Repeat after me: Bowland, Bowland, Bowland...
Reply 4
Where abouts in America are you coming from? Is this part of an exchange program?
Reply 5
Im coming from North Carolina. In charlotte. Its part of the study abroad program at my school. Im excited.
Reply 6
Cool, Im hoping to go to California for my second year in the study abroad program!
Reply 7
I don't have anything constructive to say considering I'm only an applicant, but yay Naley!!!
Reply 8
edd360
Cool, Im hoping to go to California for my second year in the study abroad program!

YAY FOR NALEY. but anyways.

California is my dream place. If I wasnt going to Lancaster, I would definetly be there.
Reply 9
Same which is why i need to get into the study abroad program. If you like it so much why did u not apply to the university of california?
smcclin2
SUP!! im an american student coming to study at Lancaster next year for the entire year! Im excited. So can you guys give me the low down on the colleges and how they are/what goes on there, uh the classes like how many times per week, and whats with the timetable for the classes? I have absolutely NO IDEA what that is. Oh by the way im a business major for any of you out there. Also i think im leaning towards cartmel, i just want to see what everyone thinks of the other colleges and stuff. So yea. Those are my questions. Feel free to add me on facebook.

Oh I hate American students, because they always leave! But I've met a few and all have been amazing. Hope you're going to live up to that!

What year are you going into?

Also I have a friend at UNC, did you hear about the flashmob rave? :p:
Reply 11
edd360
Same which is why i need to get into the study abroad program. If you like it so much why did u not apply to the university of california?

I wanted to go to California and they denied me. I didnt have one class that I needed to transfer there. But i think im gonna be much happier at Lancaster, or so I hope!
Reply 12
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Oh I hate American students, because they always leave! But I've met a few and all have been amazing. Hope you're going to live up to that!

What year are you going into?

Also I have a friend at UNC, did you hear about the flashmob rave? :p:

Is your friend at UNC Charlotte or UNC Chapel Hill? We had a rave before Christmas at UNC Charlotte, but I heard Chapel Hill had on the other day! Im going to be in my 3rd year next year. And I will of course live up to being amazing, because I am definetly AMAZING if I do say so myself :smile:
smcclin2
Is your friend at UNC Charlotte or UNC Chapel Hill? We had a rave before Christmas at UNC Charlotte, but I heard Chapel Hill had on the other day! Im going to be in my 3rd year next year. And I will of course live up to being amazing, because I am definetly AMAZING if I do say so myself :smile:

She's at Charlotte, I just googled it and saw the rave the other day at Chapel Hill! That's insane...

Looking forward to having you around!
Reply 14
Tyrannosaurus Cal
She's at Charlotte, I just googled it and saw the rave the other day at Chapel Hill! That's insane...

Looking forward to having you around!

Haha! Our rave was MUCH better than Chapel Hill's. Insane! And im excited to be at Lancaster next year. Yea! Who at Charlotte do you know? Just curious! btw add me on facebook! Shalaeha McClintock. Im the only one there!
smcclin2
Haha! Our rave was MUCH better than Chapel Hill's. Insane! And im excited to be at Lancaster next year. Yea! Who at Charlotte do you know? Just curious! btw add me on facebook! Shalaeha McClintock. Im the only one there!

Done! And she's just graduated this year, called Natalie! She's cool.
Reply 16
Im coming in september to do Business Studies if thats what your studying :smile:
Reply 17
Holli2011
Im coming in september to do Business Studies if thats what your studying :smile:

YAY!! im studying business also!! YAY! that makes me happy! and you added me on facebook! DOUBLE YAY! wow. im too hyper. ok. im done!
Reply 18
:smile: dunno if we will be together but il be doing same major, il be living on campus and il be new too :smile:

Latest