University of Leeds
Leeds

Clarence VS jbp VS bodington

Hi All,

Looking for quick advise on these halls. So far I'm roughly:

80% wanting to go to clarence
18% wanting to go to JBP
2% wanting to go to bodington

There are a couple of things that put me off bodington, because socially I'd love to go there. The things that put me off are a) the distance and b) it reminded me of school, especially the catered facilities

So far i think it's a toss up between clarence and JBP for me, im more geared towards clarence because it's en-suite for less money than JBP and also because it's closer to town/campus.

Now for my primary question - When I came down for the accommodation day, I never got a chance to check out the headingly area properly, but everyone seems to be ranting about it, and for this very reason are choosing JBP/Dev as their primary halls.

So honestly, is headingly really all that? I'm really looking forward to the social aspect of uni, and im more of a bar/club guy than a pub guy, can someone explain what the fuss about headingly is?

Muchos appreciation!! xx
From what I've gathered from people, Headingley is the student part of the city, apparently it's where most 2nd and 3rd years share houses. Theres plenty of bars there too! I guess it's an area that's more relaxed to go out in, than the madness of the city centre!!
We will find out in September!! :p:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Headingleys not really all that to be honest, just a different area to the city centre. A lot of second and third years prefer to have houses in Hyde Park which is closer to uni than Headingley. Its a nice area, got some good bars (not clubs) but mainly pubs; it doesnt reallly match up to the city centre and its still 10 minutes walk from JBP and Dev. Most people only really go into Headingley to use the shops
Also Clarence Dock is at least a forty minute walk away from uni so not closer to campus at all (JBP is 20 minutes) sooo it is really up to you
Reply 3
Wooo Clarence, that's where i've applied, looks really good i think. Not far from the City Centre, and tbh, i don't find it a trek to the uni either :smile: I just hope that i get the grades i need to get in!
If you're a socialble person who likes to party, go to Bodington. I've never heard anything bad about it apart from that it's far from the uni/city centrecompared to most halls, hwoever, there are regular buses into uni/the city centre.

Bodington is suppsoe to ahve a veyr freindly/lively/buzzing atmosphere and everyone I know who's lived there has really enjoyed it.
Reply 5
Dude, I'm at Clarence this year, and you MUST have got lost if it takes 'at least 40' minutes to get to uni. 25-30 depending on speed of walk, i've run it in about 14 when i was 20 mins away from an essay deadline, and i'm not a good runner. The only downside of clarnece this year is that the bar's been under-used, but that's counteracted by having a tesco metro 50m away so everyone does pre-lash in their flats before nights out. I think it's one of the best, but i've heard Boddington's even better as a social place. James Baillie... it's nice, i guess, but other than that i've not heard much about it.

Latest