The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Im not making it sound like anything JP. It is and it isnt. It goes both ways. It is certainly easier to practise religion away from much of the West. The west isnt turning away from practising religion for nothing.

They do JP. If i lived in Jonah or Joseph (pbut) time, itd be allot easier. David or Solomon (pbut) time too.

You dont have to respect me but religious people are more deserving of respect than the abuse they receive.
Reply 41
It actually depends on where you live. If you live in a muslim country, a girl won't even think about a boyfriend because such thing doesn't exist there until you get engaged.

But, in western countries, you see alot of boyfriend/girlfriend relationships around and that can make muslim girls (and guys possibly) jealous.

I'd say if you loose your virginity before you're married (unless you have been raped or something) you shouldn't call yourself a Muslim. Sleeping around is bad.

The point of this rule in Islam is to keep the boys and girls safe. You can go have a boyfriend then get screwed a couple of times and then break up. What good does that give? You might get your heart broken and you might get STDs. It's better to have a love relationship with a husband. At least this way, the man and woman are comitted.

@Casserole: You can marry non-muslims but you can't have any boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with anyone before marriage whether you're a muslim or not.
Reply 42
The two girls in some of my classes aren't allowed to dance with boys, they found it awful that some of the 6th years of their religion were.. i guess they should be allowed to relax and have fun a bit more
I would like to know why Muslims are not allowed to date. How do you find someone you want to get married (or Muslim equivalent of) and have kids with?

Just interested, seems a very flawed system. How are there Muslim couples around if they're not allowed to date?

Quote me if you reply, I'll forget about the thread.
Reply 44
GorgeousMatt
I would like to know why Muslims are not allowed to date. How do you find someone you want to get married (or Muslim equivalent of) and have kids with?

Just interested, seems a very flawed system. How are there Muslim couples around if they're not allowed to date?

Quote me if you reply, I'll forget about the thread.

Most muslims have arranged marriages. That's how they get married and have kids.

Now BEFORE you go into the steriotypical arranged marriage argument, THE GIRLS AND GUYS HAVE A CHOICE.

The parents just introduce this certain guy to a girl and the girl takes a liking to him, they will have a small session for them (boy and girl) to talk to each other. If the boy likes the girl then he would ask for more time with her and then they will decide if they want to get married. If the girl doesn't like the guy, she could just say "no" to him. Same with the guy aswell. Then the parents will go and search for another guy/girl.

Dating is not allowed to keep you safe. As you can see in the society today, people date and have sex without getting married. This is inappropriate (or at least I see it this way).

People say crappy things about Muslims having 4 wifes but what they don't realize is that the non-muslim people are worse. What is the difference between a person who has 4 wifes and a person who has had 20 girlfriends? At least the muslim guy looks after his 4 wifes, the 19 or so girlfriends just get screwed with STDs and all that crap. Maybe not, but that leaves the person who got dumped feeling like ****.

Most muslim couples you see around are probably engaged or married.
So you base your decision for a partner to spend life with on a 'small session'?

Doesn't seem a very logical way of doing things, you'll only really know if you want to be with someone long term if you spend at least a few years with them.
Reply 46
GorgeousMatt
So you base your decision for a partner to spend life with on a 'small session'?

Doesn't seem a very logical way of doing things, you'll only really know if you want to be with someone long term if you spend at least a few years with them.

You get to know your partner better during your engagement time which is about a year. That is done by texting and calling each other + having family gatherings with each other. Some people are engaged for 4 years before they get married. That could be because of education etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending