The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Accommodation

This may or may not have been posted, but I'm going to whack it up anyway. I was panicing about accommodation, whether I should have applied already and what not, so I emailed them at Lancaster and received this back-

NEW APPLICANT 2009

The entire process for applying for accommodation takes place on line. You will be sent an email firstly requesting you to create an account via our web-portal. Once your account has been created, you will receive a further email with a code and instructions on how to apply via our web-portal for your College and your accommodation. Should you not require accommodation you will still need to apply for a College. Our initial email will be sent to you sometime in late May or early June, and will go to the email address you put on your UCAS application form. Please, ensure that you check your email regularly, and your mail box is not full. It may also be wise to add our email address [email protected] to your address book and mark it as a safe sender. This will minimise the risk of our e-mail being marked as spam and automatically deleted (as a few students experienced this problem last year).

Please note: Our email address: [email protected] is an e-mail address that doesn’t accept incoming e-mails.

Please make sure that the e-mail address registered with your UCAS account is reliable, and that you have regular access to it throughout the summer months. As this will be the e-mail address information will be sent to. If you have changed your email address since applying to UCAS you will need to contact UCAS direct to amend, as we are unable to amend it from our end. Contact UCAS as soon as you can to confirm your new email address. If you have put your School or College email address on your UCAS form then you will need to change this as soon as you can.

I would also suggest you take a look at our web pages to find out the different type of accommodation we offer within each of the 8 Undergraduate Colleges. Our web pages are updated regularly and particularly through the summer months. Make sure you carefully read the information on the type of accommodation available within each of the Colleges, and that you apply for a College that has the type of accommodation you would prefer.

Our web address is as follows: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/accomodation/

Although we will do our best to offer you the accommodation and College you apply for, we are unable to guarantee this, as a number of factors are taken into consideration on allocating.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] .

We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster,

Regards,

Geraldine.

College and Residence Office

Lancaster University
-------------------------
hope that helps someone
Reply 1
So basically it's just a waiting game at the moment?

This was my understanding - it says on their website they will email you in June to set up your account etc. etc.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
seems to be the top and bottom of it BJP. The waiting irritates me, I want to get everything sorted, out of the way. BUT NO!
Reply 3
Oh Kyle Brown, I see you live in Burnley, I know a girl called Leanne from there, and her boyfriend (forgot his name)
What accommodation type do you fancy?
It is quite useful leaving it so late to be honest. I didn't firm Lancaster until the deadline but it meant I wasn't punished for that by getting last pick of the accommodation. Plus, as the financial year ends in April, you can apply for student finance and see what you are going to get (or at least have a rough idea) before making your choices between standard/ensuite etc. :smile:

They make up for it for years 2 and 3 as everyone starts looking for hours in around November and applying for campus around Christmas.

[There are some pictures up off different types of accommodation on the stickie thread which might help you decide...] :smile:
Reply 5
PaddyD
Oh Kyle Brown, I see you live in Burnley, I know a girl called Leanne from there, and her boyfriend (forgot his name)
What accommodation type do you fancy?

Patrick tagging along in my threads.
Applying for Lonsdale me thinks, the bar there was delicious.

Latest

Trending

Trending