The Student Room Group

Am I scared?

I got unexpected results from grad schools.
I did not have excellent gpa like those in this thread, nor did have amazing work experiences.

So I was really surprised when I got offers from following schools

LSE Comparative Politics (Conflict Studies)
York Applied Human Rights
SOAS Human Rights Law
Bradford Conflict Resolution
Bristol International Security

I first thought of going to LSE as I liked both courses and the name value of the school. But after carefully considering my past experiences, I'm not sure if I can do well in the school. I heard that all those only smart people go there, and I dont even know why I was selected.

Do you guys think I'm just stepping away, even before trying?

How are other schools by the way?
Reply 1
Okay, I don't really know much about these places, so I can't exactly answer your question, but I would just say have a little more confidence in yourself, because they must have chosen you for a reason, and they obviously want you there :smile: I'm sure if you work hard enough you'll do well anywhere.
Reply 2
I feel I am qualified to offer the following view because I am graduating from one of the universities you have an offer from. British universities are underfunded, they lose money on home students so are always glad to get international students in. The international students are often exceptional but there are some very obvious exceptions. Some international students I have been in seminars with either can't or won't speak English. Now, I think you know better than anyone else here whether this applies to you, you may be very smart and just modest or maybe those universities want the £20000 you're going to cough up and ignore your grades.
Reply 3
Well it seems you must have done something right as you've been given offers from a all these good unis. LSE is by far your best choice and an experience you only get once in a lifetime. Dont be intimidated by its name. The majority of students at LSE are not born geniuses, but rather its a school made up of hard working and dedicated ppl. As long as you take your work seriously there is absolutly no reason for you to fail. And with the international community that LSE is made of, I am sure that you'd fit in very well and make friends that'll last a life time!

It would be a great shame if you didnt puruse it because of fear. Its an excuse you'll more than likely regret in the future. Take the chance and I can promise you that the rewards will be exceptional!

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending