Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gaps between periods

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

Right so it has been a while since I wasn't on the pill, so I just have a quick question about natural periods...

how long in general should the gap be between when you finisgh bleeding one month to when it starts again the next month?

Thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends from girl to girl. Mine is about 2 weeks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gyno?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    28 days for an average cycle, so it depends on how long your period lasts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person and lifestyle I think. There is no way I could be pregnant or anything and I haven't had one for 3-4 months (actually lost count)!!!!! Apparently it's because I'm sporty and train twice a day but I don't know if that's the real reason?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Periods are usually monthly, so there should be about 28 days between the start of every period. But many girls experience otherwise. I have irregular ones and consulted my doctor about this. He did some tests and diagnosed me with PCOS. But not everyone with strange patterns has a problem. Some women are just like that.

so, the last time I started bleeding was like 23rd March, and it finished on like 30th March, so if we take the 28 days I should have really started again 4 weeks later on 20th April?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so, the last time I started bleeding was like 23rd March, and it finished on like 30th March, so if we take the 28 days I should have really started again 4 weeks later on 20th April?
    If we take the 28 days theen yes. But in my case it can be anything between 4 weeks and 6. Everyone is different.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember from back in the days of sex ed that they used to tell us it was between 21-36 days. Mine is usually about 27-30 days though (it varies a lot).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2009
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.