The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bismarck
20,000? Source please.

oops, sorry it ment ta say 2000, but its still a large number.
Caprylate
Joke I found on the BBC website.

Q: How many Arabs does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. None - they'd rather squat in the dark and blame Israel.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7925564.stm

BBC doesn't lie.

That reminds me of another joke I saw the other day, I admit it is a bit stereotypical.

What happens when a fly falls into a coffee cup? Well, the outcome is dependent on your cultural proclivities:

The Italian throws the cup, breaks it, and walks away in a fit of rage.

The German carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Frenchman takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Chinese eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Russian drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli sells the coffee to the Frenchman, sells the fly to the Chinese, sells the cup to the Italian, drinks a cup of tea, and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

Ah, but what does the Palestinian do with his fly infested coffee? I thought you’d never ask…

The Palestinian blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinese, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian.

Note: the war weary Israeli was wearing full body armor, so he lived to tell us this tale.
Reply 62
Bismarck
No, you personally. If I came up to you and said I don't think you should exist and I'm willing to use violence to make sure you don't exist (and then use said violence). How would you react? Pretend it didn't happen?

Your last sentence is ironic considering that you want war.

Erm, at no point have I said that Jews/any particular Jew has no right to exist/any Israeli has no right to exist. I think that Israeli deaths are a tragedy just as Palestinian deaths are.

I have said that imho I don"t think Israel has the right to exist. How is that equivalent to you saying that I personally don"t have the right to exist? You did this last time, kept on repeating the same stupid irrelevant question and implying that my unwillingness to answer said stupid question was an indication of anti-Semitism. Until you show me that is the relevant question, I"m not going to answer it.

Secondly, I do not "want war", who the hell does? However, by now I certainly think the Palestinians would be justified in fighting to defend their land and take that which has been taken off them back. It is clear they will not have justice through peaceful means.
Reply 63
WTF I got warned for a joke that was from the BBC! Stupid TSR and its rules. It was funny but not offensive and anyone who thought otherwise should just put up and shut up, including mods, I hate being warned for free speech dammit!

EDIT: And the post was deleted too, not cool mod, not cool at all.
Bismarck
And the reason you're concerned with those 2,000 and not say the ~20,000 in Sri Lanka over the same period? Or the ~200,000 in Darfur? Do you think any country that kills 2,000 civilians does not have a right to exist?

im concerned about all the innocent people who die including the sri lankens and the people in darfur. what im trying to say is israel is openly killing civillians with an excuse that israel is their chosen land, but don't you think god would prefere the jews to share the land and stop this awful genocide?
Reply 65
Bismarck
And the reason you're concerned with those 2,000 and not say the ~20,000 in Sri Lanka over the same period? Or the ~200,000 in Darfur? Do you think any country that kills 2,000 civilians does not have a right to exist?

Like this.

Blackandgold just ignore this. He did it to me and Nadiah. Apparently you can"t care about Palestine without being Anti-Semitic because there are other places where people are being killed.:confused:

Peace x
Reply 66
blackandgold
im concerned about all the innocent people who die including the sri lankens and the people in darfur. what im trying to say is israel is openly killing civillians with an excuse that israel is their chosen land, but don't you think god would prefere the jews to share the land and stop this awful genocide?

Ever wondered why their aren't hundreds of threads about Sri Lanka, though? Why not start one? Clearly, you only care about Israel. I wonder why...
Reply 67
DeathToBritishOppression
Thanks for deleting my post.

I love how he can debate us and at the same time choose to delete our posts in the same thread.

Agenda? Anyone?
coren111
There wouldn't be peace unfortunately. The radical Palestinians such as Hamas (and lots on this forum) won't be happy until there are no Jews living there at all and Palestinians have full sovereignty. The Palestinians rejected Partition Plan, remember. Never willing to compromise at all = no peace.

You DO realise that the only two countries in the world that have opposed a two-state solution are Israel and the US. Israel has constantly PREVENTED discussion and compromise since 1973.

"The Arab League has gone even beyond the consensus, calling for full normalization of relations with Israel. [bold]Hamas has repeatedly called for a two-state settlement in terms of the international consensus.[/bold] Iran and Hezbollah have made it clear that they will abide by any agreement that Palestinians accept. That leaves the US-Israel in splendid isolation, not only in words."

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20090119.htm

Man I love Chomsky.
Reply 69
Just want to wish a Happy Independence day to all the Israeli's and Jews who celebrate the day. Also, just want to add that shouldn't there be a little class by letting threads like this remain on topic, and not get dragged into another endless debate over the Arab-Israeli conflict.
manwithaplan
That reminds me of another joke I saw the other day, I admit it is a bit stereotypical.

how about this one?

The Palestinian Representative's Speech at the UN

'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath!'
He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water.
When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished.
An Israeli had stolen them.'

The Israeli representative jumped up furiously and shouted, 'What are you talking about? The Israelis weren't there then.'
The Palestinian representative smiled and said:
'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech.'
Reply 71
bj_945
Like this.

Blackandgold just ignore this. He did it to me and Nadiah. Apparently you can"t care about Palestine without being Anti-Semitic because there are other places where people are being killed.:confused:

Peace x

No, you can't care about Palestine above all other areas without being anti-semitic. Other areas in which hundreds of times more people have died, but which seem to be ignored because zionism is the source of all evil.

Rather depressingly, I feel an "I'm Not Jewish" disclaimer is needed here.
E_D_B
Ever wondered why their aren't hundreds of threads about Sri Lanka, though? Why not start one? Clearly, you only care about Israel. I wonder why...

yeh its because im a muslim and sincerely care about my fellow brothers and sisters, jsut as the budists care about the sri lankens and have started a thread about them.
Reply 73
blackandgold
yeh its because im a muslim and sincerely care about my fellow brothers and sisters, jsut as the budists care about the sri lankens and have started a thread about them.

I had the same issue in Russia-Georgia threads.
Reply 74
blackandgold

Darfurians are Muslims, right? I think I've seen two or three threads about Sri Lanka on TSR; compared to hundreds about Israel/Palestine; not to mention the various other threads (such as this) which turn into debates about said topic over time.
Reply 75
E_D_B
Darfurians are Muslims, right? I think I've seen two or three threads about Sri Lanka on TSR; compared to hundreds about Israel/Palestine; not to mention the various other threads (such as this) which turn into debates about said topic over time.

You want to change the venue?
bj_945
Like this.

Peace x

i didn't no that people could be so arrogant!?! but just as you said its better to ignore them :smile:
peace x
Happy Independence day :smile:
Hopefully in a few years there'll be Palestinian one too, eh?

(I'm not being sarcastic.Really, I'm not)

[EDIT: I just realised saying I wasn't sarcastic looked really sarcastic. I'm going to stop typing now, because the more I type, the more sarcastic I look]
Reply 78
blackandgold
how about this one?

The Palestinian Representative's Speech at the UN

'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath!'
He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water.
When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished.
An Israeli had stolen them.'

The Israeli representative jumped up furiously and shouted, 'What are you talking about? The Israelis weren't there then.'
The Palestinian representative smiled and said:
'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech.'

Haha very good:p: I"ll give you rep tomorrow.
geminibubblegum
Happy Independence day :smile:
Hopefully in a few years there'll be Palestinian one too, eh?

You just whacked a six.

Latest

Trending

Trending