The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Topmanfaz
You just whacked a six.

That was a good one, too bad I didn't think of it! Simply beautiful.
you all need to listen to 'look into my eyes' by outlandish, evrything will make sense then.
Reply 82
Topmanfaz
Caprylate
UGeNe
DeathToBritishOppression
If any of you have a problem with D&D moderation, post in AAM.

Aside from that, I know the topic is a heated one but try to keep the discussion civil, please.
Reply 83
blackandgold
yeh its because im a muslim and sincerely care about my fellow brothers and sisters, jsut as the budists care about the sri lankens and have started a thread about them.

Now let's get one thing straight. You don't care about your Muslims brothers and sisters unless it's a non-Muslim that hurts them.

Muslims killed WAY more Muslims than Israel ever did, and the Islamic world just ignores it.
Reply 84
borismor
Now let's get one thing straight. You don't care about your Muslims brothers and sisters unless it's a non-Muslim that hurts them.

Muslims killed WAY more Muslims than Israel ever did, and the Islamic world just ignores it.

Why are you generalizing? Are you anti-Muslim? Do I need to request you be warned for this post?
borismor

of course i care about the muslims that have been killed by muslims. i am totaly agaisnt killing whether they be muslim, jew, christian, hindu......, i hate killing and bloodshed and im TRYING to promote peace!
btw the muslim world does not ignore it! take saddam hussein as an example.. he was hung as a punishment of wat he did by the muslims himslef ( hence they do care)
Reply 86
UGeNe
Why are you generalizing?

Generalizing what? Muslims killing more Muslims than Israel is a statistical fact, not a generalization of any sort.

As for the indifference of Muslims:

How many threads have you seen about what happened in Nahr el Bared?
Demonstrations over the world?

The terror attacks against civilians in Iraq? Completely ignored. As long as some US soldiers get killed, I guess it's worth it.

After Sabra and Chatilla people demonstrated all over the world as if Israel performed the massacre (which is not true). But what about the massacre of Hama? Nothing. As if it never happened.

Syria meddling with Lebanon? Assassinating it's president? Nope - nobody talks about it.

Turkish infringements of Human rights? Hush - don't mention it.

Arrest warrant against Sudan's PM? The Muslim world embraces him!

Palestinians executing people without trial? Torturing them? If I'm posting about it, it's just to divert attention, apparently.

Are you anti-Muslim?

Anti Islam is more accurate.

Do I need to request you be warned for this post?

Maybe.
Reply 87
UGeNe
Why are you generalizing? Are you anti-Muslim? Do I need to request you be warned for this post?

He isnt generalizing, he is stating a fact. Muslims killed far more Muslims than Israel ever did. Infact, Muslims killed more Muslims in Iraq in one bad month, than Israel killed Palestinians in 80 years.

- Assad killed 30,000 muslims in one week of combat in the city of Hama, yet no one knows about it.
- 15,000 Palestinians were killed by King Hussain.
- Thousands of Yemeni's were gassed by Egypt in the 60's.
- The Iran-Iraq war caused the death of over 1.5 million muslims.
- Pakistan allegedly killed over a million bangaladeshi's.
- The Lebanese civil war caused over 170,000 killed.
- Algeria's civil war caused 400,000 killed.
- The Somali's killed over 300,000 in their own civil war.

And this is just the tip of the iceburg.

By contrast, in 80 years of conflict with Israel, 15,000 Palestinians have been killed, more than half of them militants or soldiers in Arab armies, yet they receive far more attention than all of the above put together. Now you tell me, was he really generalizing?
Reply 88
blackandgold
of course i care about the muslims that have been killed by muslims. i am totaly agaisnt killing whether they be muslim, jew, christian, hindu......, i hate killing and bloodshed and im TRYING to promote peace!

It seems you're dividing your attention unwisely, then.

btw the muslim world does not ignore it! take saddam hussein as an example.. he was hung as a punishment of wat he did by the muslims himslef ( hence they do care)

Haha! Good joke!

The entire Muslim world criticizes the US for invading in the first place!

The Palestinians supported him when he invaded Kuwait!
Renal
Truly bizarre. I can't decide which is more curious, your lack of knowledge or the fact that you seem strangely proud of it.

Does Israel make its own arms? Enlighten my lack of knowledge!
Reply 91
Mr. Orange

Israel makes a lot of it's own arms.

For example the Merkava tank, Tavor LMG, Storm Jeep, a variety of homing missiles and many other things.
Reply 92
Mr. Orange
Since when has Israel been independent?

If it wasn't for the West it wouldn't exist

Israel has been independant since about the 1930s or so.
Reply 93
Callum828
You DO realise that the only two countries in the world that have opposed a two-state solution are Israel and the US. Israel has constantly PREVENTED discussion and compromise since 1973.

"The Arab League has gone even beyond the consensus, calling for full normalization of relations with Israel. [bold]Hamas has repeatedly called for a two-state settlement in terms of the international consensus.[/bold] Iran and Hezbollah have made it clear that they will abide by any agreement that Palestinians accept. That leaves the US-Israel in splendid isolation, not only in words."

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20090119.htm

Man I love Chomsky.

What about the unilateral disengagement from Gaza in 2005? That was a massive concession you seem to have overlooked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel-Egypt_Peace_Treaty
Israel gave back the whole of the Sinai Peninsula, an area more than double the size of the whole current State of Israel. That was also after 1973 and again you have managed to overlook it.
Heard about the massive concessions offered at the Camp David Accords or the Oslo Accords?

You know nothing mate and with that comment have shown yourself to be a spanner.
Reply 94
bj_945
Funny that there were more than 10% Jews living in Palestine before any Palestinians got remotely bothered about it. That"s one in ten people. Historically, Palestinians have nothing against Jews living in the Palestinian homeland, even in significant numbers. They do take issue with them taking their land and their sovereignty over it away, then bombing and controlling the rest of Palestine when they try to retaliate.

Peace x

Jews made up more than a third. That is one in three.
Reply 95
coren111
Jews made up more than a third. That is one in three.

Source? Or it didn't happen. :eek:
Reply 96
bj_945
What, Britain?

have led to a single state run democratically by a diverse group of people

There are more Muslim Arabs in Israel's Parliament than there are black, asian and gay people in the whole of the House of Commons (which has c. 650 seats as opposed to 120 in the Knesset). Wait, is the UK more of an apartheid state than Israel??
Reply 97
Mr. Orange

Fool.
Reply 98
coren111
Fool.

Disrespect? Insult? Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddd...My feelings have been deeply DEEPLY hurt by this immature individual...I may even cry as a result.
Reply 99
I this is more appropriately called the catastrophe or al Nakba in Arabic.

Latest

Trending

Trending