The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
UGeNe
Source? Or it didn't happen. :eek:

By the end of World War II, Jews accounted for 33% of the population of Palestine, up from 11% in 1922.[51][52]

Taken from Wikipedia page on Israel. Has two sources to prove this.

http://www.mideastweb.org/palpop.htm
Reply 101
UGeNe
Disrespect? Insult? Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddd...My feelings have been deeply DEEPLY hurt by this immature individual...I may even cry as a result.

It is funny how on this forum all the pro-Palestinians are like "i dont hate zionists man, just zionists with jewish parents you get me? i am a muslim and you killed 9000000000000000 of my bruvvas. Dats y u dont deserve to exist u get me? I dont care about any other worse atrocities committed by my own people or other coz let's pick on da JEws - but we're not anti-Semitic or nufink"

and the pro-Israel camp use facts and historical evidence to support their opinions, are not racist and not spurred on by emotion but by rational thought.
Reply 102
coren111
It is funny how on this forum all the pro-Palestinians are like "i dont hate zionists man, just zionists with jewish parents you get me? i am a muslim and you killed 9000000000000000 of my bruvvas. Dats y u dont deserve to exist u get me? I dont care about any other worse atrocities committed by my own people or other coz let's pick on da JEws - but we're not anti-Semitic or nufink"

and the pro-Israel camp use facts and historical evidence to support their opinions, are not racist and not spurred on by emotion but by rational thought.

It is funny how you managed to make the foolish generalizations.

:biggrin: You are funny! Insults =/= rational thought.
Reply 103
UGeNe
It is funny how you managed to make the foolish generalizations.

:biggrin: You are funny! Insults =/= rational thought.

All I see is the pro-Israel side having to explain historical facts to the opposition who know very little. Just take a read through and see how many exaggerations and mistakes made by the Palestine side and you'll see.

I said he was a fool because he was convinced Israel does not make any of its own arms. He obviously had no idea what he was talking about and made no effort to do the tiniest bit of research.
Reply 104
coren111
All I see is the pro-Israel side having to explain historical facts to the opposition who know very little. Just take a read through and see how many exaggerations and mistakes made by the Palestine side and you'll see.

I said he was a fool because he was convinced Israel does not make any of its own arms. He obviously had no idea what he was talking about and made no effort to do the tiniest bit of research.

You are the biggest ___(use your brilliant imagination)____ if you think there are only 2 sides to this issue. I'm not pro-Palestine. I'm anti-American!
Reply 105
UGeNe
You are the biggest ___(use your brilliant imagination)____ if you think there are only 2 sides to this issue. I'm not pro-Palestine. I'm anti-American!

I frankly don't care where your allegiances lie. You talk a lot of rubbish and I am here to put you on the straight and narrow.
Reply 106
coren111
I frankly don't care where your allegiances lie. You talk a lot of rubbish and I am here to put you on the straight and narrow.

No, I think you are just SPAMMING this thread!

Get back on topic instead of resorting to personal insults when you lose your temper.
Reply 107
borismor
A lot of people on TSR seem to have this view on BN, but what is this view really based on? As a matter of fact, he did deliver Hebron and other territories to Palestinian control, and he did meet with Arafat. He also stated several times, and I've heard it with my own ears, that he does support a two state solution. His conditions are different from those of the Labor party, however judging by history he has a better chance at actually achieving peace rather than just talk about it.
Rather than argue over what the PM does think, I will point out that what he does think does not really affect what I have said. Israel has to address important existential decisions in the future - I hope we can agree on that much - and the severity of those decisions means that any Independence Day celebration will naturally be restrained - mindful of what has yet to be achieved - and thoughtful about how to solve the problems that face Israel over its existence in the future.
Reply 108
Axes
Your words were pretty straight forward, and I did not misinterpet them. Israel being 'more' or 'less' stable doesnt give it any less of a right to celebrate its independence day. All the more, due to its precarious position, we have more than a right to celebrate our continued existance. Many countries have hard choices to make, with regards to their own or other countries futures. The US had to make a hard choice with regards to Iraq's existance, and its choice cost far more lives than the sum of Israel's actions during its 61 years of existance, yet no one questions the US's right to celebrate on the 4th of July.

Israel's celebrations are no more wild than any other country. Even if you accept the worst accusations thrown against Israel, many many countries are far worse currently or were in the past. This does not negate from our inherrant right to celebrate our independance, so get off your high horse.
What a terrible analogy. Israel has to make decisions that will greatly affect its existence. Few developed countries have decisions to make that are as hard or as plagued with difficulties as those facing Israel.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with the "accusations thrown against Israel" - this is to do with the political realities of the Middle East. Will Israel be able to continue to exist as it exists at the moment, and continue down the path it is following? No, it must make important changes to the way if there is to a chance of the situation is to be resolved. The reality of that difficult decision means that a celebration of independence today must be restrained - some Israelis seem to want to lead Israel down to a path where it will no longer exist as a Jewish state, and therefore the nature of the independence that is being celebrated today will be radically changed. Any celebration of the current temporary existence must be mindful and aware of the changes that need to be made in the future.

Unfortunately, the poor, strained nature of your analogy, and the defensive tone of your posts, suggest that your status as an Israeli is preventing you from thinking clearly about the decisions that Israel will have to face. That is a shame.
Am Yisrael Chai

Ironically I have just returned from a 1-day visit of Auschwitz.
Reply 110
Bagration
Am Yisrael Chai

You must translate or you will be warned (though maybe not in this thread :confused: ).
The People of Israel Still Live
Tootles
Israel has been independant since about the 1930s or so.

1948 I think.
Tootles
Israel has been independant since about the 1930s or so.

I don't think so, no.
I think it's good on Israel to have the independence day, they're proud people, and proud of their heritage, why shouldn't they? Also to a few of you people who back the muslims simply because of what happened in Gaza. The Israelis face hatred from each side of their country, Iran thinks that they should be wiped off the face of the earth and so on. Of course they should fight against that, wouldn't you? The ongoing conflict over there is not an easy situation and cannot be simply worked out but the sooner the muslims realise that Israel is here to stay until the end of time, then the quicker we can move on.
Reply 115
DeathToBritishOppression
I think it's good on Israel to have the independence day, they're proud people, and proud of their heritage, why shouldn't they? Also to a few of you people who back the muslims simply because of what happened in Gaza. The Israelis face hatred from each side of their country, Iran thinks that they should be wiped off the face of the earth and so on. Of course they should fight against that, wouldn't you? The ongoing conflict over there is not an easy situation and cannot be simply worked out but the sooner the muslims realise that Israel is here to stay until the end of time, then the quicker we can move on.

You are clearly NOT an anarchist.

I guess British oppression is worse. Sorry if I'm a bit confused. Or maybe you are?
UGeNe
You are clearly NOT an anarchist.

I guess British oppression is worse. Sorry if I'm a bit confused. Or maybe you are?

Anarchy will not solve Israel's problems right now...don't be foolish, let the government sort out the muslims and then let anarchy rip. Lastly, yes Israel are far better off without British oppression, who isn't?
Reply 117
coren111

this person has a fantastic point!
its true, the pro Israel spend their whole time defending Israel with facts and the anti Israel come on to say stupid comments or anti Semitic nonsense.
Before you post, know your knowledge.
Reply 118
amelia.x
this person has a fantastic point!
its true, the pro Israel spend their whole time defending Israel with facts and the anti Israel come on to say stupid comments or anti Semitic nonsense.
Before you post, know your knowledge.

Can you be any more general?
Hope you have a really crap day jew.

Latest

Trending

Trending