The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS Ed Excel 2009

I get confused by lots of threads here, they have multiple papers and units but we only have two at my school?

Anyone else the same?

I think they are Core Principles of Chemistry and Applied Principles or something similar?

Are there different syllabuses or have we not been entered for them all or something??
Reply 1
I get confused by lots of threads here, they have multiple papers and units but we only have two at my school?

Anyone else the same?

I think they are Core Principles of Chemistry and Applied Principles or something similar?

Are there different syllabuses or have we not been entered for them all or something??
Reply 2
I believe you're on the new specification, and they are on the old one (doing A2s probably).
Reply 3
If you're doing AS this year, your modules will be "Core Principles of Chemistry" and "Application of Core Principles of Chemistry". There's also Unit 3, which is a practical (written alternative if you're outside the UK).
Reply 4
Perhaps your third unit is being replaced by coursework and/or practicals? Although, when I did mine, we did 2 written papers and then practicals and another written paper as our third unit.

Latest

Trending

Trending