The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Do DMU accept the points from Key Skills?

I've tried contacting the university to ask this, but I've had no reply at all.
On the decision letter it says

"This offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 240 UCAS Tariff points including Pass - 2 6-unit awards"

There's no mention about Key Skills, whereas my offer to I think Lincoln says "This offer excludes Key Skills".

Am I right to assume that my 20 points from KS Level 3 will go towards my points needed? There's nothing about excluding it like the others.

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
Yes is the simple answer. Although, if you fail to reach the 240 offer, then phone during Clearing as depending on popularity of the course etc. you may still get in or be offered an alternative place.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Doesn't it say on their website's course description? Usually it says all the type of qualifications they accept, so I'd look there if you haven't already :smile:
Reply 3
timestar
No is the simple answer. But, if you fail to reach the 240 offer, then phone during Clearing as depending on popularity of the course etc. you may still get in or be offered an alternative place.

Actually the answer is yes. I finally got an email reply and she said yes, any other points will go towards the full amount as long as I have points from at least 2 A Levels.

Problem solved
Reply 4
timestar
Yes is the simple answer. Although, if you fail to reach the 240 offer, then phone during Clearing as depending on popularity of the course etc. you may still get in or be offered an alternative place.

What was the point in editing your answer to make it look like you weren't actually wrong...? It's quoted in my previous post.

Just reply saying "oops", man

Latest

Trending

Trending