The Student Room Group

How toned do guys like girls to be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Siddd

That's nice, although a bit on the skinny end.

I agree, I prefer this kind of body the most, especially the middle one.

A bit bigger and curvier (Like Beyonce) is hot, and the sexiest kind, but i'm not usually into those girls so much, I prefer skinnier, but not any skinnier than in the photo. Possibly just a tiny bit bigger than them.
Siddd

That's nice, although a bit on the skinny end.

Skinny end! You can see their hip bones lol!
luciddreaming
Skinny end! You can see their hip bones lol!

still good looking though :p:
Reply 43
I agree with Kim Kardashian. She's gorgeous, would love her figure.

Adriana Lima has it right too, I think.

Don't go so muscly you look masculine. Go for healthy, active feminine.
Reply 44
This is very interesting to read- I'm trying to tone up a bit at the minute, but I'm quite slim anyway, I would just like to look more 'impressive' so I'm using this thread for ideas!
Obviously I'm not a guy, but I think Kelly Brook looks good, she looks toned but also quite 'womanly'.
Reply 45
Siddd
They have 'beach bodies', so to speak. All of them look like their fairly well-nourished, although the one on the left looks slightly anorexic.

I'd bet my left arm that all three are significantly underweight.
Reply 46
Reply 47
The girls in that bikini/beach photo are MUSCLY. It is pretty sexy but you hardly ever see it and it's certainly not something for girls to strive towards; more that if you already look like that, then you have a good body. But guys really can like a massive range of bodies; I'm currently horrendously attracted to a girl who is definitely not fat but is certainly 'voluptuous'. All sorts are good :smile:
Reply 48
I like curvey women. Something to hold on to :wink:
Reply 49
Smack
Indeed, very nice. Absolutely not skinny as some girls are suggesting - they actually have quite a bit more muscle than most girls have. They are just very athletic looking. I would. Much better than the likes of Kardashian who just looks quite fat in most pictures.

Agreed, Miranda Kerr especially :coma:
Reply 50
lella_m

I'd rather stay like I am thanks!

Feel free to do this.
johnbrown
Gorgeous. Especially Mirander Kerr (although in this picture she does look quite thin)

I bet they're not that underweight. The only reason girls are saying they don't like it is because they know that they'll never look like that, and to even get close would require really hard work. And the boys saying they don't like it it's because they're intimidated and know they could never get a woman like that so they kid themselves that they don't find it attractive. The only thing that could go against them is their height because they could be taller than some blokes and some people don't like that.

Anyways, I think they look really good if only they weren't so oiled like in that picture. And hip bones and ribs - I don't think they look that bad, as long as it isn't excessive :dontknow: In fact when most people are at healthy weight (and not fat as healthy is so often lumped together with now a days) when they stretch or move in the way those three are you should be able to see their bones.

Those are not the only reasons. As I've said before in this thread, I'm actually a bloke (hence the name Ieuan), and I don't find that attractive. To suggest that all people who don't agree with you are insecure is arrogant at best, and offensive at worst.

Evolutionarily, it makes sense for blokes to be more attracted to women with a little fat on their bones, as those were the people who were more likely to survive. The fact that this still exists as a tendency in us may be gene lag, but to say that it doesn't exist at all is just wrong.
Reply 52
This toned??

Reply 53
IeuanF
Those are not the only reasons. As I've said before in this thread, I'm actually a bloke (hence the name Ieuan), and I don't find that attractive. To suggest that all people who don't agree with you are insecure is arrogant at best, and offensive at worst.

Evolutionarily, it makes sense for blokes to be more attracted to women with a little fat on their bones, as those were the people who were more likely to survive. The fact that this still exists as a tendency in us may be gene lag, but to say that it doesn't exist at all is just wrong.

Yes I think it would be ridiculous to suggest that all men only fancy really really muscly/toned women!
If you consider all of these 'sexiest woman' lists that men vote for, there's usually at least a reasonable mix of shapes, from very slim flat chested bodies and larger more busty ones.
Reply 54
johnbrown

I bet they're not that underweight. The only reason girls are saying they don't like it is because they know that they'll never look like that, and to even get close would require really hard work.

I'm a gym fanatic and naturally really skinny but I don't think they look good. They don't look particularly feminine to me and are too muscly, not just 'toned'.

Different strokes...
Reply 55
I was after a shot on the catwalk, because most shots are major photoshopped. Anyway, she has a pretty perfect body.

Spoiler

As do all the Victorias Secret models. They aren't overly skinny like a lot of models are.
Reply 56
I took this picture for the fitness forum,because I am trying to tone up a little bit more and be more healthy, but I thought I would put it here because I am generally quite happy with how I look, as well as the point that my bf thinks I'm really attractive, despite my not looking some of the women posted.
johnbrown
Come on, disgusting is a bit strong. No one would say no to one of those women.

I watched a programme about it. Some men go for fat women/ fatten their women up because they're insecure about themselves. Made sense. And a lot of things make evolutionary sense but they're not really applicable anymore, most of our tastes and preferences are now dictated by society.

Certainly to an extent - especially if we don't question it.

But it's the same thing as all the various civilisations that have existed not being able to stamp out homosexual feelings. Our biology is fundamental to us, and something that hasn't changed significantly in the last few thousand years.

And yes, I find their bodies quite abhorrent. To me they are way too skinny, and almost manly in their muscliness. That isn't attractive to me, in the same way as girls who are really hairy aren't.

I can see your point about chubby chasers and the rest of it, but is there seriously anything wrong wth mainly fancying women who have a bmi between 19 and 24?
Coy Girl
I took this picture for the fitness forum,because I am trying to tone up a little bit more and be more healthy, but I thought I would put it here because I am generally quite happy with how I look, as well as the point that my bf thinks I'm really attractive, despite my not looking some of the women posted.

As a case in point (not trying to come onto you or anything) I find that body shape normal, and much more attractive than the ones as first posted.
Reply 59
ONCE AGAIN

On behalf of womankind

shut the **** up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending