The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends, are they big A levels, difficult... Also depends on person, like I want to do Maths A level in my gap year, so I've decided next year Im going to do Maths AS with my other 3 A2s and in my gapbyear complete the A2. I could do the full a level in one year buy why not save myself the stress, but with maths for example, it is one of the hardest a levels but one of the easiest to get taught/learn etc
Reply 2
hamzab
Depends, are they big A levels, difficult... Also depends on person, like I want to do Maths A level in my gap year, so I've decided next year Im going to do Maths AS with my other 3 A2s and in my gapbyear complete the A2. I could do the full a level in one year buy why not save myself the stress, but with maths for example, it is one of the hardest a levels but one of the easiest to get taught/learn etc

history and sociology

Also whats the registration process
Reply 3
I'm doing two science A-Levels in a year plus my Maths GCSE through ICS. They seem the cheapest.

You could also look at Oxford Open Learning.
Reply 4
Nambi
I'm doing two science A-Levels in a year plus my Maths GCSE through ICS. They seem the cheapest.

You could also look at Oxford Open Learning.

£269?

You can get yourself entered a private centre for £20-£50 per module (obviously, it's totally independent learning in this instance).
Reply 5
existance
history and sociology

history is probally the most difficult a-level to do independantly because its just as much about exam technique a it is content. and the exam technique needed at a-level is very different to that at gcse.
Reply 6
jayshah31
£269?

You can get yourself entered a private centre for £20-£50 per module (obviously, it's totally independent learning in this instance).

can you do that for the subjects I want
existance
history and sociology

Find a centre that accepts "Externat A-level Candidates" which is a private college, if you go on the exam board you wish to go with (OCR, AQA etc) on their site it shows all the centres that accept private candidates, ring them up and they'll give you a date to ask you what you want to take etc.

They normally ask for 2 Photographs and you're Birth Certificate/Driving License/Passport.

Good luck! PM me if you need any more info
Reply 8
Why are people doing this?

Don't get me wrong I considered doing philosophy purely for interests sake but travel plans got in the way.

So are you doing this as it afffects your uni course or is it just for 'fun'?
Reply 9
existance
can you do that for the subjects I want

See Advanced Subsidiary's post.
Reply 10
IMO I do History now at AS level and it is one hard A level. Hard as in all the bloody facts you have to learn! But if you have the correct writing technique and actually take an interest I'm that specific part of history ( I do Russian History and British History, you pick two units, our school picked ours but when you do yours you can pick from a huge list)

If there's one thing I've learnt from this forum is don't let other ppl put you down! Your not like them, why can't you be different! Have fun with it and enjoy!

Latest