The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you shouldn't buy it without actually having swine flu. Don't you think it should be prescribed to people who have it rather than given to people as a precautionary measure
Reply 21
LOL this thread made me smile
you can buy it if you go to a private GP apparently.

But many are out of stock - unlucky.

seriously, unless you have swine flu you do NOT need it.

Follow advice on the news - wash hands frequently etc etc.
Gah the media sure do know how to scare people.

Its just flu!
Reply 23
I hear having sex with a pig makes you immune. :holmes:
Reply 24
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

but probably not from swine flu. Calm down and carry on as normal.
Lol swine flu is my new favourite thing. Remember sars and bird flu, oh yeah...very little happened. Seriously don't worry, you're probably more likely to be run over or something.
Reply 26
L i b

Hahahahahaha! I heard this too :yep:
Reply 27
Lawlz. Not even available to be prescribed by GPs, guys. Hospital procurement only at the moment :yep:
Reply 28
arukas
So it means that we cannot prevent it till we do get the flu? :s-smilie:

It's for people who NEED IT.
Reply 29
I would not suggest buying it-

first you need to have it prescribed

Second we have a limited supply- My Dad is a pharmicist and has had to order it in and he won't get it for two weeks as hospital has priority.

Third- If you take it for new reason it may encourage the virus to mutate and then if you get the mutated virus which is resistant you would be in a worse situation.
arukas
Thank you for clarity :smile: Do you know any medicine which we can drink to prevent the swine flu?

If there was one, I doubt the world would be freaking out at the moment.
arukas
Thank you for clarity :smile: Do you know any medicine which we can drink to prevent the swine flu?

Now you've got to be trolling, surely.
Just go about your life as normal. Gees. Theres nothing to be worried about until they start closing borders, clearing public places/events and telling people to stay indoors. Which is very very unlikely to happen. Like a poster above said, you're probably more likely to get run over in the next 6 months than catch swine flu.
you've got to eat more bacon, sausage, pork etc you have got to turn into a pig. Only then will you become immune.

Simple when you think about
Reply 33
arukas

cyanide will probably do the trick - it will kill you but you wont die of swine flu :p:
Reply 34
If you needed it your doc would give it to you :p:
Reply 35
L i b

*Signs up to singlepigs.com*
To quote my grandad's patented cure for everything: "Stick your head in a bucket three times and only take it out twice". It even cures stupid. :yep:
Reply 37
Lucyyy
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

but probably not from swine flu. Calm down and carry on as normal.

next thing you know, it will become airbourne, and Bruce Willis will come from the future to prevent it from happening again.
Reply 38
arukas
Does anybody know where to buy tamiflu? I am just so scared after reading news about the swine flu :frown: . Does Boots sell them? :smile:

There's probably not enough for you, sorry :frown:
Reply 39
I sell trannyflu. Is that what you want?